Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2015 JKU. If I install this kit with the twin piston calipers will I have a "soft" brake pedal? Will I need to replace the master cylinder?
I know it is recommended for 2007, 2008 and 2011 JKs. Anyone who has this kit, if you could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
15,394 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2015 JKU. If I install this kit with the twin piston calipers will I have a "soft" brake pedal? Will I need to replace the master cylinder?
I know it is recommended for 2007, 2008 and 2011 JKs. Anyone who has this kit, if you could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Posting my response to your PM:

I'll be using the Teraflex Big Rotor kit which uses the factory calipers. This will be the 3rd Jeep I've run that kit on and I've been happy with the brakes.

Hopefully that solves your concerns :)

Good luck! :thumb:

If you go with the twin piston I would replace the master cylinder as well. I won't exceed a 37" tire on our new Jeep so the BIG ROTOR KIT will be perfect for us.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/52ddbea7f977f01691804fc7

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/558de80105a25c5bb1e1f070

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,401 Posts
Yes you will have a "softer" pedal but it is not bad. There is a TON of stopping force with these. We have done quite a few of them here in the shop and many people really like them.

As for the master cylinder, no. You will be fine. The 3.8L's had a smaller master so it needed to be replaced. The 3.6L's master is larger and works just fine. No need to swap. For the savings, I would swap to the larger rotors in the rear as well!

If there is anything we can do to help or if you have any more questions, please let us know!

-Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts