Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one run 315 Duratracs on a 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost on an Automatic JKU?

If so, can you assist me with the setup?

I was thinking of putting 5100 Bilstein Shocks, Superchips Programmer, 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost, 17" Wheels, and 315 Duratrac Tires on a 2014 Black Automatic JKU.

IF anyone runs that setup, could you please let me know how you like it or what your experience is with it.

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Can't help with the 2014 but many Jeeps in our club running 2.5" TF BB and 315 Duratracs. Nice set up, works well. Programmers for older models is good but seems some have had issues with some of the later 14s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't help with the 2014 but many Jeeps in our club running 2.5" TF BB and 315 Duratracs. Nice set up, works well. Programmers for older models is good but seems some have had issues with some of the later 14s.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

I am really leaning toward the 315 Duratrac w/ the 2.5 TF BB.

I was then thinking of adding 5100s and the Superchips Flashpaq Programmer to it.

I have an automatic, anyone know any concerns of having an automatic vice manual for this type of set up??

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
You didn't mention your gearing. The stock 3.21 might feel a little sluggish.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Looks good but skip the Bilsteins and go for the Rancho 9000s. You will thank me later.
If money is no issue skip the budget boost and go with the TF 2.5 spring lift. Its cheap and simple and has everything you need except the shocks and will give you a lot better ride and more articulation.If money is tight the bb is ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good but skip the Bilsteins and go for the Rancho 9000s. You will thank me later.
If money is no issue skip the budget boost and go with the TF 2.5 spring lift. Its cheap and simple and has everything you need except the shocks and will give you a lot better ride and more articulation.If money is tight the bb is ok.
I have heard great things about both shocks.

Do ranchos ride better? What would be the difference between the ride quality between the two shock (Bilstens v Ranchos).

I see that the ranchos are adjustable, but the same part number on Quadratc is for 2.5 to 4" lift..

Because it can go up to 4" would that have any affect on the 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost?

I appreciate ll the feedback!

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the stock ride but I want to put 315 Duratracs on the jeep with a 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost.

Any recommendations on keeping the stock feel to the ride putting 315s on it?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The Rancho shocks should give you a good ride and Duratracs are so popular because they give you a good ride on pavement and good performance off road. I think you might find the spacers, Rancho 9000's and Duratracs will result in a better ride. Keep in mind, you might rub at full flex with that set up. If you don't do a lot of technical off-roading, you'll be fine and you might be OK anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Rancho shocks should give you a good ride and Duratracs are so popular because they give you a good ride on pavement and good performance off road. I think you might find the spacers, Rancho 9000's and Duratracs will result in a better ride. Keep in mind, you might rub at full flex with that set up. If you don't do a lot of technical off-roading, you'll be fine and you might be OK anyway.
Thanks for the feedback!

I think Im set on the Duratracs, BB, and 17 wheels.

And will start researching Rancho shocks now. I appreciate all the feedback. This forum is awesome.

With the ranchos, I saw that you could change their settings based on what type of ride you like.

I really would like my jeep to run as close to stock as possible to accommodate the bigger tires. Is there a particular setting that this would be with the ranchos?

This is my DD and the jeep will be used 90% on the road.

Also with the rancho it said you could use it with the 2.5 up to the 4 inch lift. Is there any concern for having this particular shock with 2.5 Budget Boost setup?

Thanks again for any advice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts