Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone have experience with the Teraflex Delta kit - PN 4403450?

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-...5-bolt-pattern?vehicle=JKU Wrangler Unlimited

I'm long overdue for a brake upgrade, and this one seems to be inline with what i need to improve the safety on the rig.

I did a quick search on this, and didnt get any hits - so not sure if the price is putting people off, or something else?

Appreciate any feedback on this.

TIA
D

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
TF Big Brake kit

I have the TF Front BB kit on my 2012 JKUR. Luckily for me, it came with it. No issues here.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not liking them so far

So i went ahead and added this to rig.

I have two observations on these so far.

1st time back from shop - they are a huge improvement over the stock brakes.

2nd time back from shop - the shop recommended upgrading the JK master cylinder to an aftermarket FCA larger unit they realized that it wont fit into the very crowded engine bay as the ARB dual compressor has that space taken.

after coming home the second time, the pedal now goes damn near to the floor the first time you hit the brakes. if you hit it once, release then hit a second time - the brakes perform like they should and grab / stop the vehicle.

not sure if this is an installation / bleeding issue or a product issue.

more to follow...

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's most likely a bleeding issue.

Bleed the brakes one more time you will probably find some air somewhere.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Had a similar issue. Had the ARB dual compressor mounted in the engine bay. When I upgraded to the MOPAR BBK had to move the compressor under the passage seat. I don't regret moving it there. Gets cooler air and an overall cooler environment.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
So i went ahead and added this to rig.

I have two observations on these so far.

1st time back from shop - they are a huge improvement over the stock brakes.

2nd time back from shop - the shop recommended upgrading the JK master cylinder to an aftermarket FCA larger unit they realized that it wont fit into the very crowded engine bay as the ARB dual compressor has that space taken.

after coming home the second time, the pedal now goes damn near to the floor the first time you hit the brakes. if you hit it once, release then hit a second time - the brakes perform like they should and grab / stop the vehicle.

not sure if this is an installation / bleeding issue or a product issue.

more to follow...

Sounds like trapped air with current issue, "pedal to floor", do some more bleeding. I would try and get the FCA larger booster M/C in there even if you have to move the compressor. If this kit was from a more reputable source than Teraflex I would go for it. Specs and price are good. I just don't like their quality, or lack of it. I currently have the mopar bbk up front and the larger booster mc and the tf big rotors out back (13"). I am considering the Baer plus setup, at least in the rear. They usually do a 10% off black Friday sale.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a similar issue. Had the ARB dual compressor mounted in the engine bay. When I upgraded to the MOPAR BBK had to move the compressor under the passage seat. I don't regret moving it there. Gets cooler air and an overall cooler environment.

shop recommended the same, but i already have tuffy lock boxes under both seats so that wont work for me.

still trying to sort through where else i can move the friggin compressor

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
shop recommended the same, but i already have tuffy lock boxes under both seats so that wont work for me. still trying to sort through where else i can move the friggin compressor
I had a lock box under both seats also, but decided to remove the one under the passenger seat. I don't regret doing that. Much happier with the bigger brake booster and the compressor under the seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
shop recommended the same, but i already have tuffy lock boxes under both seats so that wont work for me.

still trying to sort through where else i can move the friggin compressor
Hi
Better later than never..
In case you don't have the rear huge muffler,
And have an exhaust that goes straight along the jeep from under the driver to the exit point at the rear left corner,
Afe has a rear glide guard # 46-79001
I have an afe power cat back exhaust, which is a higher installed system for better off-road hight so i got their glide guard. I'm very happy.
P.s. The exhaust sounds great, not too noisy even on the highway, kind of bass throaty :) and relatively quiet-civilized when standing with engine on,
The only issue is that the exhaust gained total exterior surface rust in one year.
Maybe it helps
Rafi

·
Registered
909 Posts
@d_rick if you're still around (I don't come here much myself after the terrible Forum Software Apocalypse) -- did you ever get them bled properly, and what do you think almost a year later?

I can't find these in stock anywhere, I've seen estimated ship-dates ranging from March 1 (lol) to as late as October 30. I need another ChinaVirus lockdown project to keep me busy. The price is pretty great if you ask me, I've spent more than that on front caliper/rotor upgrades alone.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@d_rick if you're still around (I don't come here much myself after the terrible Forum Software Apocalypse) -- did you ever get them bled properly, and what do you think almost a year later?

I can't find these in stock anywhere, I've seen estimated ship-dates ranging from March 1 (lol) to as late as October 30. I need another ChinaVirus lockdown project to keep me busy. The price is pretty great if you ask me, I've spent more than that on front caliper/rotor upgrades alone.
so i've been trying to document my adventures in this thread and the build thread - check out page 7.

in short yes, i finally got them working and am happy. however it has cost me about 50% more than it should have and IMO this Mopar kit is mandatory to go with it - Mopar P5160050 Brake Master Cylinder & Booster for 15-18 Jeep Wrangler JK with Dana 60 Axle. another member has been DM'ng me about his bad experience with the TF version of this, so i would suggest staying away from that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts