Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to install my Teraflex leveling kit on my 2011 Sahara last weekend. I have to say that it was worth the money just in the improvement in lighting! The headlights aren't near as bad as they were prior to the leveling kit. You can see the change in dimensions from my before and after pics: Also got exactly 1 inch in the rear measured at the hitch receiver.

P1020188.JPG

P1050223.JPG

P1020198.JPG

P1020207.JPG

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took a total of about 4 hours from the time I started getting the tools out until the time I cleaned up after. The worst part was getting the rear Teraflex spacers into the upper spring seat and getting the rear springs back in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put the 2.5" BB on my 2011 and it also levels it out. I would have to agree that getting the springs back in was a PITA. I pretty much had to remove every thing on the rear end to get it back in. The hardest part for me was the front bump stops. I just could not get them back in to save my life. Ended up greasing the crap out of them. One thing I am glad I did though was the wheel spacers. It brought the tires and rims out 1.5" and made them even with the fenders instead of sunk back in the wheel wells.

Your Jeep looks great by the way. the leveling kit made a world of difference.

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
I have to say that it was worth the money just in the improvement in lighting! The headlights aren't near as bad as they were prior to the leveling kit.
You might have to adjust your headlights if you start to get flashed alot now. But yeah the stockers suck! The Phillips XP are the ticket! :)

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Maybe when the stocks are bald
You got more self control then me then. Once I got mine lifted with the leveling kit, it didn't take but 8 days for me to order new tires even though stock still had about 75% left on them. They are sitting in my storage shed so to haunt me lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You might have to adjust your headlights if you start to get flashed alot now. But yeah the stockers suck! The Phillips XP are the ticket! :)

That's the whole point! I don't want to adjust them-they are much better now. If I get flashed-well I get flashed.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I got the 285/70/17. Right under 33's and since they are a little more narrow then a 33 you can put them on stock 17" wheels without a problem but they still looked awesome.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
No they fit without them without any problem. I think they even make the stock rims look better lol. Of course I have a small lift so not sure if that helped. If I turn real hard holding on the wheel tight, there is a some noise but when I get out I don't see it hitting anything. Not sure if it is a small rub (can't find marks on tires) or just big tires trying to turn that tight. But normal driving and even very sharp turns, it feels normal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts