Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on installing a Teraflex Performance leveling kit to make up for my upcoming of putting on new bumper and winch and getting things needed ( I get so supervise son in law and my friend as my current heart problems make me pretty much useless in helping, want things to go smooth as possible for them). I am sure its been asked before but how high do you have to lift the jeep, 4 door rubi, to get springs out and back in? Making sure my floor jack will lift jeep high enough to put on jack stands to drop the differentials far enough. Think my max for my floor jack is 19 3/4 inches. Is that high enough?

Vendor
Planning on installing a Teraflex Performance leveling kit to make up for my upcoming of putting on new bumper and winch and getting things needed ( I get so supervise son in law and my friend as my current heart problems make me pretty much useless in helping, want things to go smooth as possible for them). I am sure its been asked before but how high do you have to lift the jeep, 4 door rubi, to get springs out and back in? Making sure my floor jack will lift jeep high enough to put on jack stands to drop the differentials far enough. Think my max for my floor jack is 19 3/4 inches. Is that high enough?
You'll want to have some cinder blocks or wood blocks on hand for the jack stands. You can also put them under the jack if you need a little more height out of it. I haven't measured how far you need to get the frame up to droop the axle enough to pop the springs, but having some blocks on hand will keep you moving with the install. Let me know what other questions you have!

-Ryan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well we got it done, just me and friend (blind leading the blind). Now if the bumper would show up, winch is sitting in garage.

Registered
I just did this a couple of days ago. It took me about 2 hours. It all went real easy. I gained about 1 3/4 inch higher. The back is about 1/2 higher than the front, exactly what I wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts