Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have it. Technically it changes the caster angle of the front axle but not much. I doubt you would even notice. I have been running it for 3 years.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
3.5 years for me and it's been a perfect match for my 33's and the thing I like most is I retain the stock ride I like.

OP, if you are keeping the oem wheels/tires then you could just put a 1" spacer up front to level it out, but if going to 33's then I would do the actual leveling kit 2" front 1" rear for an average of 1.5" of lift.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3.5 years for me and it's been a perfect match for my 33's and the thing I like most is I retain the stock ride I like.

OP, if you are keeping the oem wheels/tires then you could just put a 1" spacer up front to level it out, but if going to 33's then I would do the actual leveling kit 2" front 1" rear for an average of 1.5" of lift.
Would it hurt to use the kit and still retain the OEM wheels? I am just looking for a level / as much lift as possible without effecting road noise / stock ride.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I'm not sure if stock wheels are okay with the leveling kit. The TF 2.5 inch lift requires wheel spacers to clear the sway bar link. Their website is pretty specific about needing it for the 2.5 inch lift but doesn't say anything about the leveling kit needing wheel spacers. I'd say your good to go but maybe someone running the leveling kit will verify or you can call TF and ask.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if stock wheels are okay with the leveling kit. The TF 2.5 inch lift requires wheel spacers to clear the sway bar link. Their website is pretty specific about needing it for the 2.5 inch lift but doesn't say anything about the leveling kit needing wheel spacers. I'd say your good to go but maybe someone running the leveling kit will verify or you can call TF and ask.
Ok and when I say OEM wheels I am talking the MT's that come on a 2016 Willys

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yes. I ran my oem BFG mud terrains for a few months on the leveling kit before I went to 33's. You'll be fine.

An old pic before I went to 33's, but already had the Tearflex leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I plan on doing the front only(2"). with 1.5" spacers and stock tires on 16JKUR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts