Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I see where it is recommended to at least do the Teraflex Leveling kit for a stock Jeep. I have a 2017 Sport Unlimited. The Teraflex looks to raise the front 2" and the rear 1" to level the rake out. I have seen post where folks say to also while you do this to replace stock shocks and the one that seems to be a great deal is a Rancho 5000X but all I can find is a RS5000X which I assume is what they are referring to????

I am looking to a economical change here and not some 2-3 grand upgrade folks.

So chime in and let me know from this who have done this change what exactly is the parts list if you don't mind.

Here are two links to the things I have found and assume it is the right Teraflex kit then the shock exchange.

Rancho RS5000X Shock Absorber - RS5000™X Shock Absorber - Shock Absorbers - Rancho® Performance Products

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...VKDcGS3YZSuxYGXS8DRVmrj8CN_ohV3XAYaAvQc8P8HAQ

Now this is all in conjunction with keeping the stock wheels and tires for now too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Okay, so I see where it is recommended to at least do the Teraflex Leveling kit for a stock Jeep. I have a 2017 Sport Unlimited. The Teraflex looks to raise the front 2" and the rear 1" to level the rake out. I have seen post where folks say to also while you do this to replace stock shocks and the one that seems to be a great deal is a Rancho 5000X but all I can find is a RS5000X which I assume is what they are referring to????

So chime in and let me know from this who have done this change what exactly is the parts list if you don't mind.

Here are two links to the things I have found and assume it is the right Teraflex kit then the shock exchange.

Rancho RS5000X Shock Absorber - RS5000™X Shock Absorber - Shock Absorbers - Rancho® Performance Products

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...VKDcGS3YZSuxYGXS8DRVmrj8CN_ohV3XAYaAvQc8P8HAQ

Now this is all in conjunction with keeping the stock wheels and tires for now too.
I did the teraflex econo leveling kit to try for looks. I used the shock extensions that came with kit, yours being a newer jeep, I am assuming your shocks should still be good. Perhaps use the extensions to start, keep the same ride you have and gives you time to research shocks if you still need them.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here, did a Teraflex 2.5 budget boost, added the extra pucks to the front to eliminate the rake, stock wheels and have some 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers coming next week, love the look, ride and for now enough lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the teraflex econo leveling kit to try for looks. I used the shock extensions that came with kit, yours being a newer jeep, I am assuming your shocks should still be good. Perhaps use the extensions to start, keep the same ride you have and gives you time to research shocks if you still need them.
Thank you! Would one have to also use the wheel spacers with the stock wheels and tires after installing the Teraflex basic leveling kit????

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here, did a Teraflex 2.5 budget boost, added the extra pucks to the front to eliminate the rake, stock wheels and have some 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers coming next week, love the look, ride and for now enough lift.

Thank you. Since you kept the stock wheels and tires after the install, did you have clearance on the tires? The kit suggested if you also use the longer sway bars included you would more than likely have to install wheel spacers too???? If so, which width???

·
Registered
99 Posts

I've had both the TF spacer kit you are looking at and the TF Performance leveling kit (springs). If you are sure on the leveling is all you'll ever going to want then spend the extra on the spring kit and save the money on shocks.

I can tell you I like the spring kit much much better than the spacers. Ride IMO is much better. I ended up taking the spacer kit off of my jeep and going with an AEV 2.5" but we just recently put the TF spring leveling kit on my wife's Rubicon (before and after pics below). Paired it with 285/70 17" Nitto Ridge Grapplers and it rides fantastic and was perfect for what my wife wanted which is most important!

Kept stock shocks and don't plan on replacing. You do lose a little travel but unless you are doing some more serious off-roading I don't think you'll ever notice.

Save the money on shocks and spend on wheels and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did add 1.5" SpyderTrax spacers, I'll have to let you know about any rubbing about next Wednesday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did add 1.5" SpyderTrax spacers, I'll have to let you know about any rubbing about next Wednesday.

Awesome thanks. Will be looking for your assessment.

·
Registered
251 Posts

I did this exact setup about a month ago. Installed the teraflex leveling kit (pucks) and installed rancho 5000x shocks all around. After consulting with the Rancho rep on this forum I installed:
- Front shocks RS55326
- Rear shocks RS55330

I have also installed 1.25" wheel spacers for my stock wheels. I plan on purchasing some 285/70/17 tires soon.

I love the look of the Jeep now with this setup. In fact this stance is how all Jeeps should come from the factory. For me this was a very economical way to enhance the look and feel of the jeep in order to accommodate larger tires.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I did this exact setup about a month ago. Installed the teraflex leveling kit (pucks) and installed rancho 5000x shocks all around. After consulting with the Rancho rep on this forum I installed:
- Front shocks RS55326
- Rear shocks RS55330

I have also installed 1.25" wheel spacers for my stock wheels. I plan on purchasing some 285/70/17 tires soon.

I love the look of the Jeep now with this setup. In fact this stance is how all Jeeps should come from the factory. For me this was a very economical way to enhance the look and feel of the jeep in order to accommodate larger tires.
Do you have a current pic?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

If all you want is to level you can do it simple and easy by just adding 3/4" spacer to the front springs. No need for any extra parts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If all you want is to level you can do it simple and easy by just adding 3/4" spacer to the front springs. No need for any extra parts.
I am also wanting to lift it slightly and all the talk I saw if you don't want a serious lift the leveling kit is a must anyway for all stock Jeeps and it also raises it a tad over stock.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I am also wanting to lift it slightly and all the talk I saw if you don't want a serious lift the leveling kit is a must anyway for all stock Jeeps and it also raises it a tad over stock.
Gotcha. I thought you JUST wanted to level. Good luck and enjoy your Jeep!!

Reactions: TRADSLLC

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you! Would one have to also use the wheel spacers with the stock wheels and tires after installing the Teraflex basic leveling kit????
No, the only reason for wheel spacers is if you decide on a larger tire with stock rims or for just giving it a wider stance. I did the spacers at first with leveling kit, just for the stance, I then later went with a nicer after market wheel and larger tires and removed the spacers. I used a 4.5 inch back space wheel which was identical to 1.5 inch wheel spacer on a stock rim, giving me the look I was after.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Picture 1 stock 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon
Picture 2 after lift and tires installed

I had the TERAFLEX 2.5 inch budget boost with shock extensions installed, then installed BFG LT285/70/17 KO2s. Stock shocks and wheels, no spacers needed. No issues without spacers, no rubbing. I believe you can run up to 35 inch tires with this kit. Happy with these mods! I would estimate the larger tires are at least 2" taller than the stock 255/75/17 BFG MT TIRES.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 wrangler sport. white. Rancho 2 inch lift. Falken 255 80/17
88 Posts
Drive line? Do you really have to remove on a 17 Wrangler for install?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can't edit, meant disconnect

I just installed the spacers on my JKU and did not have to disconnect the front drive shaft.

When I did my JK, I did disconnect the front drive shaft, but didn’t look to see if I really needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
Had a 2” leveling kit given to me, used the 2-1” spacers on each front spring and It sits level without adding the back spacers. I do have a heavy front bumper and a winch..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts