Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I installed the TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift a few months ago and just added a bumper tire carrier that weighed about 170lb.

Immediately after installing the lift I measured from the stock height and got EXACTLY 2.5" where I was of the opinion I would net a bit more for a stock Jeep. Now after adding the steel bumper it has obviously sagged a bit, almost 3/4".

Is this normal or should I try to get in touch with TeraFlex to see if they have a stiffer spring that will hold that weight to retain 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm no expert but I'd have to say that's probably normal. The rear bumpers on these are hollow so they don't weigh much but when you replace them with a fully steel bumper it'll add some heft.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Are you sure about your measurements? I installed the same lift and netted about 3.5 stock. After installing both a front and rear (front bumper and winch rear full width LoD with carrier) I am at advertised ride height.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is interesting cuz I just installed front and rear (170lbs) bumpers on mine and am doing that same lift in two weeks. I bought spacers for the rear just in case cuz the shop told me every jeep is different some sag some don't. But I bought the spacer to avoid riding around with saggy ass until they came in lol. Now from reading your post I'm glad I did

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure about your measurements? I installed the same lift and netted about 3.5 stock. After installing both a front and rear (front bumper and winch rear full width LoD with carrier) I am at advertised ride height.
I have a 4 door btw. And yes double checked the front measurements again because I haven't put a front bumper on yet and I am at exactly 2.5". I contacted TeraFlex and they said most jeeps will typically net more than 2.5 to settle in around 2.5 after bumpers and what not but for some reason mine was at 2.5" stock. They are sending me 1" spacers for the front and back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts