1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
I have had both go with the RK coils. Both ride nice but I have done 2 TF performance coil kits and both have sagged on 4 doors. The Rock Krawlers have sagged about 1/2" in back and 0 in front. the TF sagged down to stock height.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I have had both go with the RK coils. Both ride nice but I have done 2 TF performance coil kits and both have sagged on 4 doors. The Rock Krawlers have sagged about 1/2" in back and 0 in front. the TF sagged down to stock height.
Does RK have a leveling kit or do they go straight to the 2.5?

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
1.5" coils works out to about 2"

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
RK coils will level out your ride.
Sorry for the slight thread highjack :)

So the RK coils are just the coils buy them selves not one of their kits? I looked at their website and their cheapest 1.5 lift was listed at $999 and that just sounds wrong!

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Sorry for the slight thread highjack :)

So the RK coils are just the coils buy them selves not one of their kits? I looked at their website and their cheapest 1.5 lift was listed at $999 and that just sounds wrong!
No you can get 1.5" triple rate coils ala carte . Daniel_M a vendor on this site gave me an incredible deal on a set of them. you will need longer sway bar links front and rear and longer shocks or shock extensions as well as rear brake line bracket extension if you are going to flex it off road and bump stops.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
No you can get 1.5" triple rate coils ala carte . Daniel_M a vendor on this site gave me an incredible deal on a set of them. you will need longer sway bar links front and rear and longer shocks or shock extensions as well as rear brake line bracket extension if you are going to flex it off road and bump stops.
About how much did all that come out to?? If you don't mind sharing. This is all very interesting to me.

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
About how much did all that come out to?? If you don't mind sharing. This is all very interesting to me.
well shocks were $191 after rebate rs7000's, coils are a secret as Daniel_M asked me not to tell but I can tell you it is worth it to get thru him nobody was close. I used my stock rear sway links up front and put jks adjustables on the rear and I think around $70 on amazon but got them cheaper nib on the forum want ads. for me Offroadelements was best price on shocks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to run stock rubi shocks on the street, the RK 1.5 springs, and rear sway bar links in the front. I hope that's good enough for pavement pounding.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I'm going to run stock rubi shocks on the street, the RK 1.5 springs, and rear sway bar links in the front. I hope that's good enough for pavement pounding.
Mine is a dd also. Will the shocks be long enough? The only other things I would recommend AT SOME POINT are Ranco Drop Brackets and the TF Rear Track Bar Bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts