Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just bought a '15 Sahara JKU. I plan on installing 35" tires, a Smittybilt XRC front bumper with winch, a Smittybilt XRC rear bumper and some type of nerd bars or rails. The Jeep will be my daily driver (40 mile interstate commute to work) with occasional off-roading. Originally, I was planning the 4" Teraflex lift w/ shocks and 8 flexarms with professional install but the funds are drying up ($4,000 installed).

Now I'm considering the 2.5" Teraflex lift w/ shocks ($700 and I can install it myself) and doing the 4" at a later date.

My question is what would be needed besides Teraflex SKU: 1251000. I've read that exhaust spacer kit is needed (SKU: 2610000) but also read that it doesn't fit for some.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the same kit on my '13, had it on for about 15 months now, very happy with the ride and the way it handles. I never used the exhaust spacers with mine, no problems so far. I did end up going with Teraflex monster front and rear trackbars a few months after the lift just to square things up. It really depends on how it's going to be used I use mine quite often off road and have never had any problems, the trackbars were not really necessary, but I wanted everything to be even.

The kit comes with brake line brackets, and I used them for about a year before going with extended ones, not necessary either but I preferred the extended ones over the brackets.

Installing it yourself is quite easy if you know how to turn a wrench, I did mine in an unheated garage in Feburary in Calgary by myself with jackstands and a floor jack, took about 6 hours, saves a lot of money for other mods.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the same kit with Rancho RS9000 shocks and 35's. I love the lift so far. Installation was simple and straight forward so it can be done in a driveway in a few hours. (Had mine done in about 2-3 hours)

I have a JK though. You should be able to go 3.5 on a JKU without any issues. I was always told 2.5 JK and 3.5 JKU before you get in to needing to upgrade other parts.

(I also have a 1.25 body lift)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts