Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished installing my Teraflex megashort SYE, I just hope I did it right. The kit didn't come with the "new snap ring" listed in the directions so I had to use the old one and I ended up with a little "pin" left over that wasn't referenced in the instructions.

Anyone know what that was for?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm on my mobile...

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
Looks like a good job and chain looks nice and tight but no idea what that short rod or tube was intended for.

Is it solid or hollow?

Also what is aprox length and diameter as nothing in that pic to get a scale of size?

Don't recall any such pin in the online install video from teraflex and it is a reasonably detailed video

Does you speedo read correctly or will you need an adapter box ?(tire size and gears?)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's solid and about an 1/4" long and 1/8" in diameter. I don't have the driveshaft yet, so I can't check the speedo. It should be in by Friday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That pin is what holds the speedo tone ring to the shaft, without that pin the ring can just spin in circles

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the pin on my kit, the shaft also had a matching hole and there was a notch in the tone ring flange so I installed it ..... this was last year I haven't had any problems with the speedo whatsoever ....... there was no mentions in the instructions what to do with it on my copy either

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw the holes in the tone ring and the shaft, but when I watched the youtube video, they said that the rear yoke will pin the tone ring into place. So I just left it out. I did in fact put the tone ring on backwards the first time. The directions are black and white, so determining the direction was a guess and it was difficult to see in the video. Unfortunately I guessed wrong. It'll all go together, but the ring will push on the rear of the tail housing causing the Jeep to not roll without being under power. Only had to move about 3 feet to figure out something was wrong. Wouldn't even roll down my sloped driveway in neutral.

After a tear down and reassembly everything is smooth as butter. I was kind of miffed that the kit was missing the snap ring though. Just glad I didn't damage the original taking it off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah I know the way there instructions are written .... they might as well just give you a bag of parts and say "here you go" they do leave a lot to be desired as far as instructions go..... I even sent them an email about the pin and never ever did get any response.....
I'm glad you got it working
P.S. I also added a blue monkey speed healer which made change tire ratio's a piece o cake.
Best
Rob

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info, I might have to look into that. Surprisingly though it seems to be about right. I need to get the GPS out of the wife's car and verify though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts