Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Teraflex monster HD track bar, will install next week....hoping it will tighten up my steering. AEV 2.5, 35s. Been lifted for a year, but over the last month the steering has gotten a little more flighty at highway speeds(70-75). Used to feel extremely stable...had tires rotated and balanced and everything looks pretty tight. Anyone installed the Teraflex track bar and felt a difference? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I had a TF monster track bar on my last wrangler and it is nice, super easy to adjust. I personally would check the torq on your front end components ie the track bar and the upper and lower control arms. People forget that they need to torqued after the first 500 miles and then every 5000 or so. I People say they don't need it but every lift I have installed that was properly torqued needed re-torqueing.

Reactions: Texan42

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do! Appreciate the response! Very good idea....hasn't been re torqued in 5000 miles.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Unless his existing track bar bushings are worn.
Correct...like mine were...two OEM bars in 100k. 2nd bar with 30k was "fine"...yeah, no. HD bar definitely changed steering feel. Stock bar flexes. YouTube is helpful here.

sent via the cone of silence

·
Super Moderator
16,375 Posts
Correct...like mine were...two OEM bars in 100k. 2nd bar with 30k was "fine"...yeah, no. HD bar definitely changed steering feel. Stock bar flexes. YouTube is helpful here.

sent via the cone of silence
Agree, the stock bushings are quite soft and an upgrade bushing definitely tightens the steering feel. I like the JKS bar since the TF bushings are "similar" albeit better than stock.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a AEV 3.5" lift on 35" tires, and getting the Teraflex HD trackbar was a nice improvement for me. It improved two aspects:

1. While the AEV kit with the brackets should have correctly fixed geometry, it did not! My front axle was off center, and my Jeep had a pull to the right. After putting on an adjustable trackbar I was able to fix AEV's shortcomings to get that axle centered and it significantly improved my ride.
  2. The turning was far more responsive... as others have said the slushiness was gone. I found this to be a nice improvement

Check out this video to see the flex in a normal trackbar, and the difference with the Teraflex... that results in the slushiness improvement I am talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpHUv9uux0

I strongly recommend the Teraflex HD trackbar, I was very happy with it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
About 6 weeks ago I installed an AEV 2.5 lift with Geo Correction Brackets. I also installed 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Once I put on the 35s the steering got flighty, spongy, loose, and any other word you want to use.

2 weeks later when I put on the Adjustable Teraflex Trackbar it drove like a completely different vehicle.

It feels amazing now. Dialed in and solid.

This should be standard item for anyone running 35s.

Your going to be amazed and if you aren't you have a different issue.

2015 JKUR

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm hoping this track bar will work well with my Fox ATS, the adjustment sleeve bolts have me a little worried.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts