Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my Jeep today and noticed it seemed to be sitting lower on the passenger side. When I looked at my rear coil springs, it looks almost like they are different springs:

Drivers Side:

Passenger Side:

I bought the Jeep with the 4" Teraflex lift already installed, so I don't know the history. Looking at the coils it makes me wonder if the PO had replaced one of them for some reason with a non-matching spring, as I assume they should be the same? The spacing between the coils is significantly different and the number of turns look different as well.

The Jeep has the front sway bar disconnected, but I wouldn't think that would make a signficant difference.

Is it possible that one coil has weakened and collapsed, or is it more likely that it's two different springs? Either way, I guess I'll need a couple new springs?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
My old Tera lift was the same on both side but sometimes the springs get compressed from the engine torque on the pass side.....

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
drivers side front and passenger side rear springs wear out first due to engine torque.

and yes, if the front sway bar is disconnected, that could make a difference, especially if the Jeep isn't sitting on perfectly level pavement.

also, the bumpstops need fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts