Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've got a Teraflex S/T2 (2.5" lift) kit with Falcon 2.1 shocks waiting to be installed in the near future. (https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jku-4-door-sport-s-t2-suspension-system-2-5-lift-w-2-1-falcon-shocks) Along with 33" or 34" tires.

Since I'm having a shop do the install, I'm wanting to make sure I have everything needed for a "one and done" install, so that nothing else is needed down the road.

The contents of the lift kit are:
• 2.5” lift coil springs
• Preset Sport Flexarms (front lower)
• HD forged adjustable front track bar
• SpeedBump bump stops
• Front brake line anchor kit
• Front sway bar disconnects
• Rear track bar bracket
• Rear sway bar links
• Exhaust spacers
• Falcon shocks
• All necessary hardware

Since the kit comes with front lower Preset Sport Flexarms as part of the kit. My question is, will I need a set of geometry correction brackets?

The JKU is driven 90% on the highway commuting with baby & family, 10% beach/sand. While I haven't had any opportunities yet to do any trail driving, i'm hoping next year I can pop that cherry and do some actual off-roading. But I don't care for the suspension to be setup for that as it will be no more than once or twice a year given my proximity to any actual off-road parks. I just want the rig to drive straight, smooth, and be as comfortable as possible as my wife drives it as well.

So will geometry correction brackets be needed? and or anything else to help achieve the goal?

IF yes on the correction brackets, any recommended/preferred brands? Seems like everybody makes one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The fixed LCA's should have you covered, no need for geometry correction brackets. It should get the caster back where it should be, should be at or a little over 4 degrees.

I can't think of anything else, maybe a rear track bar in case your rear axle is not centered. The kit comes with a rear track bar relocation bracket which has mounting holes to raise your roll center. You ideally want to mount it on the top most hole but sometimes the rear axle may not be aligned. You may want to look into the Superlift rear track bar as that is the shortest one I have read about and should align the axle.

I have the Teraflex rear track bar and experienced what I described after installing their 2.5" lift. It wasn't short enough to center the axle using the highest roll center setting so I ended up trimming it and worked out nicely. Before purchasing the rear track bar, I would wait to see how the rear axle sits after installation.

·
Super Moderator
22,043 Posts
x2 the tf sport control arms will put you very close to perfect as far as caster goes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thank you guys!

u189961: Thanks for the heads up on the rear track bar. I'll keep an eye out for that, post install.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome! Thank you guys!

u189961: Thanks for the heads up on the rear track bar. I'll keep an eye out for that, post install.
You're welcome. What will happen is the front axle will shift right and the rear will shift left when you are lifting. The front adj track bar from the kit will be able to center the front axle nicely. The rear axle will be shifted more to the drivers side, maybe like 1/2 - 3/4 inch (due to stock rear track bar), you can use the rear fenders/tire sidewall as a reference point when looking at it from the rear. To correct, you would need shorter than stcok rear track bar.

The problem with some aftermarket rear track bars is that they don't adjust shorter than stock. The SuperLift rear adjustable track bar will adjust shorter than stock and will re center the rear nicely. If you wanted to stick with all Teraflex and use their rear track bar, you will need to undo the collar and trim about 3/4 in from the frame side part of the track bar where the threads start. I did this myself with a dremmel and took about 4 cut off wheels (forged steel is strong). I put it back together and I was able to adjust it perfectly and aligned the rear up perfectly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome. What will happen is the front axle will shift right and the rear will shift left when you are lifting. The front adj track bar from the kit will be able to center the front axle nicely. The rear axle will be shifted more to the drivers side, maybe like 1/2 - 3/4 inch (due to stock rear track bar), you can use the rear fenders/tire sidewall as a reference point when looking at it from the rear. To correct, you would need shorter than stcok rear track bar.

The problem with some aftermarket rear track bars is that they don't adjust shorter than stock. The SuperLift rear adjustable track bar will adjust shorter than stock and will re center the rear nicely. If you wanted to stick with all Teraflex and use their rear track bar, you will need to undo the collar and trim about 3/4 in from the frame side part of the track bar where the threads start. I did this myself with a dremmel and took about 4 cut off wheels (forged steel is strong). I put it back together and I was able to adjust it perfectly and aligned the rear up perfectly.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation! I'm not specific to Teraflex, I only chose their kit as they have a pretty good reputation and have engineered the kit to work together and work well. I just want to make sure I get anything that was left out of the kit for the sake of bringing the kit down to a certain price point.

I'm just surprised that more brands don't carry a shorter than stock rear-track bar, but then again I haven't looked yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts