Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Anybody use these teraflex front shock extensions?

Instructions are not clear.

:banghead: for not getting shocks
Okay, I'm baffled. I pulled one of my stock shocks out of a box in my garage, and don't see any way to attach them.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If you were nearby to NC I'd sell you my TF 9550 shocks so I can buy some Bilsteins. :firedevil: Sorry can't help.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Doesn't TF have a YouTube video for the 2.5" install? Might want to check that. Also, I'm certain Project JK has a write-up that specifically uses the shock extensions--you could probably get some good info off of that.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Don't you just have to:

The TeraFlex Shock Extensions are designed to bolt on top of JK factory front shocks and extend them 2.5". Note: Washers are included.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Doesn't TF have a YouTube video for the 2.5" install? Might want to check that. Also, I'm certain Project JK has a write-up that specifically uses the shock extensions--you could probably get some good info off of that.
I was just looking on JKF...they've got BB, but nothing with shock extensions that I've seen.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MTH said:
They installed there own shocks.

We are a missing a large washer the bushing seats against.
We will make it work.

Besides one shock ain't budging.

Possible to run stock shocks for a while till I order new ones?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
They installed there own shocks.

We are a missing a large washer the bushing seats against.
We will make it work.

Besides one shock ain't budging.

Possible to run stock shocks for a while till I order new ones?
Yes just be careful if you flex to not over extend them. If they bust no biggie, then you can just get new shocks anywho.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
Thanks. Passenger side won't budge. I'm breaking the thing off. What a nightmare.
Every thing was going great.

My fault for not getting the shocks. I knew this shit was going to happen :(
Bolt stuck I assume?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Thanks. Passenger side won't budge. I'm breaking the thing off. What a nightmare.
Every thing was going great.

My fault for not getting the shocks. I knew this shit was going to happen :(
Unfortunately, I've heard of the stock bolts snapping when they are removed. I've seen it with both my old sport stock shocks and my neigbors rubi shocks.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glues upper front broke when we did his.
Not a problem because they were getting replaced anyhow.
I need a cutting tool and it's late. Been up since 430. We did the back in a couple hours.
He still has a stock sport shock If I ever break this thing lose-I will use that.
Cold/Hungary/tired :(

Unbelievable

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I hear ya but this is your first lift right? These things happen no matter how well you prepare. You'll look back on this fondly even if you can't now. Congrats on doing the work on your own, keep at it. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Damn, just got home...the one shock's still stuck?

I feel your pain, man. But like ESP said, it happens. I had to sleep on my unfinished lift, wondering whether I was gonna have to run with my freaking swaybar off or not cuz my endlinks didn't look like they were gonna fit.

Sucked, big time.

But once you get it on, you'll feel like...:dance:

Not now, though. Good luck. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts