Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a cool setup for lifts 2-2.5" Arms are preset to give a little caster bump. move the axle back 3/16 and pinion + 1/8 for the driveline.

Here's the arm lengths I researched a month ago

Front upper 18 3/4 = stock
Front lower 22 13/16 = + 3/16
Rear upper 17 11/16 = + 1/4
Rear lower 19 15/16 = + 3/16

Front lowers can be run alone for a 1° or so caster bump Rear uppers can be run alone for a small pinion angle change on 2 doors.

Great install video too ... Awesome job TF

http://youtu.be/rO1XcvlwRmg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
nice video for sure.

·
Super Moderator
16,562 Posts
That should turn out to be very popular around here!

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Where are you guys seeing these? I looked on TF's site. Did I just miss them?

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Hit tom up at 4wd.com for killer deal

·
Super Moderator
16,562 Posts
I'm very interested to see what the full kit is going for. Will they list without shocks like they do their other kits? That's one of the things I really like about TF, they let us buy what we want and not force a specific set of components on us.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm very interested to see what the full kit is going for. Will they list without shocks like they do their other kits? That's one of the things I really like about TF, they let us buy what we want and not force a specific set of components on us.
I think this is only sold as a upgrade kit. I like the fact you can buy them separately too.

·
Super Moderator
16,562 Posts
I think this is only sold as a upgrade kit. I like the fact you can buy them separately too.
I guess you can add it to any of the 2.5 - 3" kits, but I think it would be a great gap filler between a regular 3" kit and a 3" full flex arm kit which is nearly 3 times the price.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What a cool setup for lifts 2-2.5" Arms are preset to give a little caster bump. move the axle back 3/16 and pinion + 1/8 for the driveline.

Here's the arm lengths I researched a month ago

Front upper 18 3/4 = stock
Front lower 22 13/16 = + 3/16
Rear upper 17 11/16 = + 1/4
Rear lower 19 15/16 = + 3/16
These lengths match the arms that come with the mapar 3" lift. In fact they are within 1/16" of what I measured. Although the Mopar kit does not come with front uppers. The Mopar arms appear to be much stronger and are heavier than the stock arms. I measured 1-5/8" O.D. on all arms. I'm curious to know of the TF arms are the same.... Did you happen to measure the diameter of the tubing? Also, do the TF arms come with Tenneco bushings?

Good work ken!

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These lengths match the arms that come with the mapar 3" lift. In fact they are within 1/16" of what I measured. Although the Mopar kit does not come with front uppers. The Mopar arms appear to be much stronger and are heavier than the stock arms. I measured 1-5/8" O.D. on all arms. I'm curious to know of the TF arms are the same.... Did you happen to measure the diameter of the tubing? Also, do the TF arms come with Tenneco bushings? Good work ken!
Stock Clevite on the bushings. Assuming the arms are stronger. The front uppers are stock in length. They're would be no point in replacing them if the same strength/diameter.

JadMT should be able to grab a measurement.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts