Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at these tires for my 11 JKU. Would love to see pics of them mounted on your jeep and get your feedback before I bite the bullet. Planning to get them in 285/70/17. My jeep is mainly on pavement but does go off road a couple times a month. Would love some feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have 285/75/17 on my 2015 JKU, which is my daily driver, and love them. They have fared extremely well in the mud, gravel, snow and rain so far. They have a little hum once you get about 65mph, but other then that I would say they are a reasonably quiet tire. They aren't as aggressive looking as Duratracs or BFGs, but they certainly wont be confused for a street tire.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I don't know about the G2's, i used to have the original TG AT's in my Xterra, they were nice, noisy as they wore out considering their tread pattern, but they were nice tires. i really have nothing bad to say about most AT tires in general, some have better sidewalls than others, that's for sure, and i'd think sidewall strength and tire compound is what makes the big difference in prices between brand/models.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They seem like a good choice for my needs. How have they done off road for you guys ?

·
Registered
215 Posts

305/70/17 with 2.5" lift. Work fine for me, haven't been stuck in them yet. Sitting at around 2k miles so no wear comments, but i had the original TGs on an OBS Yukon and they lasted well over 50k miles.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I have about 12k on mine and they have been great. I'm a little disappointed in wear since my dealer says they are half worn already, but I love the tire. I'll post a pic tomorrow. 285x70x17.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They seem like a good choice for my needs. How have they done off road for you guys ?
I just got my JKU in January, so no crazy off roading yet. I did go out into the frozen mud the other week. Clicked it into 4hi. Easily got traction and made it through some pretty nasty stuff with no issues.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is the P Rated version sufficient for mild off roading? They are cheaper and looking for the smoother ride since mine spends more time on pavement. But I want to be able to do mild off roading as well. Also is there any difference in appearance ( tread or sidewall) between the P and the LT?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Is the P Rated version sufficient for mild off roading? They are cheaper and looking for the smoother ride since mine spends more time on pavement. But I want to be able to do mild off roading as well. Also is there any difference in appearance ( tread or sidewall) between the P and the LT?
I have P rated and they do fine on the trail. I will probably move to LT next time for the piece of mind, but I have had not issues. I also don't do anything above what most consider an easy to moderate trail though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts