Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good sugestions on installation shop to correctly install the performance leveling kit? Also do the bolts and alignment? I got a qoute for $1000 and tht seems high but maybe not..

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow if it's $1000 for just labor then that's really high. These days at least here in Canada a garage will charge between 90-100 bucks an hour for labor and there is no way it would take a garage 10 hours to install a performance leveling kit. Hell i'm getting front and rear selectable lockers done and I've been quoted a bit less labor than that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed the Teraflex leveling kit myself with the help of my wife in a little over an hour. The longest part was talking the tires on and off the jeep. $1,000 :jawdrop:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got a quote for 250 and I thought that was a little high. A friend and I did it in a couple of hours. I don't like paying 100 dollars an hour for anything, especially if they charge for an hour and it only takes half an hour. Imo But then I'm an old fart.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I got a quote for 250 and I thought that was a little high. A friend and I did it in a couple of hours. I don't like paying 100 dollars an hour for anything, especially if they charge for an hour and it only takes half an hour. Imo But then I'm an old fart.
Ha ha I with you man! A slow shop could certainly get that done in under 3 hours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any good sugestions on installation shop to correctly install the performance leveling kit? Also do the bolts and alignment? I got a qoute for $1000 and tht seems high but maybe not..
Thats crazy high. Im not sure what 4wheel parts would charge, but they seem good when I'm buying stuff from them. Its over on 2700 SE 82nd ave near SE division street. Give em a ring, Im sure then can quote you on the spot.

phone# 503-774-4000

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got quoted $150 by Superior Offroad in Gresham to install the Teraflex BB. Didn't end up going with them even though they were recommended by a local tire shop. I decided to install it myself to get a little more familiar with the Jeep. This is what I will be doing tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
No way. That kit is what $400? Plus some bolts. You're talking about nearly $600 in labor. Uh uh. Not worth it. Do it yourself or find somewhere cheaper if you can't or just don't want to do it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i had a suspension 2" installed parts labor 900. That sound real high for both parts and labor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts