Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ey everyone what are ur thoughts on a leveling kit. For people that have it? Any pros and cons

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No cons all pros.

Have had mine for over 3 years without any issues on or off road. Perfect amount of lift to clear 33's and easy on drive line components as it's a small lift.

I run 305/70/16's (33's) with mine.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Do some searching here, there is massive amounts of information on them. The only Con - not enough lift and you'll want to do more later! Mall crawling with 34s with them is fine but you cannot wheel with 34s even with wheel spacers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Pro- easy install, looks great, no additional supporting mods needed
Con- Doesnt look as great once you get 34-35's on there.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Putting this kit on my Rubicon when it gets here in another week and a half. Kind of hard to believe the front is only 1 inch lower than the rear.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Do some searching here, there is massive amounts of information on them. The only Con - not enough lift and you'll want to do more later! Mall crawling with 34s with them is fine but you cannot wheel with 34s even with wheel spacers.
hmmm.you 100% sure about this?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
hmmm.you 100% sure about this?
I've lived it for the last several thousand miles. 285/75/17s on factory wheels with the TF spacers and 1.5" wheel spacers will hit the rear fenders under compression and pop the rear fenders off/break the plastic push tabs. I've gotten really good at replacing them because it has happened a lot the last few months. If I was just driving around the roads and didn't have anything/anyone in the back it was fine. Put a load on and/or go off road and rub rub pop go the fenders.

Finally put a 2 1/2 spring lift on (and left the leveling kit in) and the world is WONDERFUL now with no hitting.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just ordered it using the NR4x4 discount for under $150. It's a good start, and you may decide to upgrade later. Not much risk.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking of getting it and either putting on 285/70/17 or 295/70/17. The 295 from pictures looks beefer

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my Teraflex coil leveling kit installed on my 2015 JKUR and am totally happy with it. After installing my Rock Hard 4X4 front and rear bumpers and a Warn Zeon winch, I was occasionally bottoming out the front suspension. This kit got me back the inch I lost front and rear, plus an extra inch up front to level everything out. I'm keeping the tires stock and this kit makes the Jeep look awesome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the kit on a Rubicon. With Bushwacker Flat fender flares and 1.5" spacers, I'm running 35x12.5 BFGs with plenty of room. Definitely enough space for most off-road adventures.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used this for the past year. Really great product. I did the spacers, not the spring. I don't have many great photos, but I have some from Wellsville when I had JUST the leveling kit on. https://photos.google.com/u/2/album/AF1QipOvWJ3NypgeNiA7OsPSGAkeOdolaX4DXY3XxnWl

More photos in my signature with lifted setup. I just recently went 2" lift with 35s but I was on the fence. I was going to get Bushwacker flares, keep the leveling kit and call it a day. 285 or 295s will fit just fine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hmm, I'm thinking of going to 33's. This maybe the the way I go. Time for more research.

Is it a good idea to replace the springs while install a leveling kit in order to get more lift? Or is that pushing things too far?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used this for the past year. Really great product. I did the spacers, not the spring. I don't have many great photos, but I have some from Wellsville when I had JUST the leveling kit on. https://photos.google.com/u/2/album/AF1QipOvWJ3NypgeNiA7OsPSGAkeOdolaX4DXY3XxnWl More photos in my signature with lifted setup. I just recently went 2" lift with 35s but I was on the fence. I was going to get Bushwacker flares, keep the leveling kit and call it a day. 285 or 295s will fit just fine.
I couldn't see it through the link

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hmm, I'm thinking of going to 33's. This maybe the the way I go. Time for more research. Is it a good idea to replace the springs while install a leveling kit in order to get more lift? Or is that pushing things too far?
You're more than doubling the price when you start throwing in springs. I wouldn't think of springs as adding height, but correcting sag from heavier aftermarket bumpers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts