Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
Feel sorry for the poor sap walking around all day in the heat with a camera filming everyone else having fun.

Had to laugh when the non-Jeep at the beginning does make it up the hill, but does it in a cloud of dust. Later on looks like the Jeep makes it up nice and smooth without all the mess.

Time for an idiot question. What exactly does this sign mean in the video?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome video! How much lift do you have and where did you get that front bumper? I'd like to pick one up for my Rubi.

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Feel sorry for the poor sap walking around all day in the heat with a camera filming everyone else having fun.

Had to laugh when the non-Jeep at the beginning does make it up the hill, but does it in a cloud of dust. Later on looks like the Jeep makes it up nice and smooth without all the mess.

Time for an idiot question. What exactly does this sign mean in the video?
If their ratings are like they are here in Oregon that would be the difficulty rating

We have Green for easiest, Blue for Moderate and 1 through 3 black diamonds.
1 - Difficult experienced drivers little to no modification needed.
2- More Difficult experienced drivers and some modification to rig needed
3- Most Difficult experienced drivers and heavily modified rigs only

If it rains it can turn a 1 to a 2 or 3 depending on the trail and mud content.

Hope that helps :)

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
Yep that explains it, thanks Shewoolf. But it looks like the top one has 4 diamonds, but looks way off. Wasn't sure if that was true, or someone may have just added one for grins. If we use something similar here guess I better be on the lookout for the green signs!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Love them Rubis, but I don't airdown for trails like that and if I have to for something tougher, like snow/gravel/shale--I use a set of STAUNS--much faster and easier !!

Good looking Rubi too

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now that is cool. Now I know why we want to move to Texas. :thumb: I can't wait for the new Rubixon to arrive (ship date 8/9).

·
Registered
693 Posts
Location: Northwest Park, Decatur Texashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9wD_uIb5a4

BOOKMARKED, Dude! I'm down in Houston, and it's just like south Texas. I drove like that almost every day (ok, minus all those rocks and hard spot - where I was at, the rough part was cut down with a dozer and then graded with a maintainer). The trees and cacti reminds me of my childhood.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have drove every trail at that park, great park with great people running it, and "airing down" is a must for some of the trails.

Matter of fact "Steve" that works the gate out there every other weekend will have his jeep out at my house for a little work in the morning..

IT's Meno's it greek for "state of mind", great trail, but you made it LOL!

You can branch off of it and go to Trevors Ledge, its a tough trail, pretty much a buggy trail..

I cant believe that those buggys were having problems with "No Winch Hill" that a easy trail!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the comments guys, yea the guys at those trails are really nice, and your right those buggies didn't do much for how hardcore there setup was, but they were running on propane so ill give em props for that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts