Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got the TF 2.5 Coil lift from TeraFlex (1351002). I just noticed today the rear axle is about an inch moved over the drivers side. Too dark to get accurate measurements right now, I understand this is a "sideaffect" of lifting. The trackbar was installed on the top hole of the JK 2.5" Rear Trackbar Axle Bracket Kit(1954776). Would mounting it in the lower hole center it more (this is what I thinking relying on my old geometry) . And if so, how much would it bring it over? I just don't want to transfer the inch to the passenger side. And I know that you will say an adjustable rear track bar probably be the best thing. Thanks in advance

The write up for it says "The JK rear trackbar bracket is designed for 2.5” lifts, and offers multiple mounting locations for correct neutral lateral alignment of the rear axle." but the instructions https://teraflex.com/file/attachments/55cbde9d8bcbf000861ff7cb.pdf does not say the lower hole will 1) brings axel over more to the passenger side 2) how much

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Yes, on a 2.5 you should use the lower hole on the bracket unless you have an adjustable track bar. It will move it back about 1/4" and you will still be out on the drivers side a little. This is just part of running a 2.5...

There is a thread on track bars that are shorter than stock if you have OCD like some of us...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/shorter-rear-track-bar-1183905.html

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would just leave it in the upper hole for a higher roll center and just get an adjustable tracbar if it bothers you. Using the lower hole will only move your axle about 1/4" towards the passenger like already said above. I drove mine like that for 4 years on two different jeeps. I got into it with someone on here a while back about the bracket not centering the axle I think it was kjeeper. The main purpose of the bracket is to increase rollcenter not center the axle unless you have 3" or more lift in the rear which the tf kit does not. It has more like 2 to 2.5" fully loaded. I ended up getting the synergy rear tracbar not only for centering the axle but for more strength. At its shortest length I'm still about 1/4" off on the drivers side but I'm fine with that

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have this same lift on mine for about 2 months now. Had the TB mounted to the lower hole. There was an offset of ~1/2" to the driver side. Just installed the SL adjustable rear TB (that was/is highly recommended here) last weekend. Used the top hole. Centered it right up.
I also installed the SL front TB at the same time. The front was offset ~3/4" to the driver. Seems like the Jeep drives better now.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I would just leave it in the upper hole for a higher roll center and just get an adjustable tracbar if it bothers you. Using the lower hole will only move your axle about 1/4" towards the passenger like already said above. I drove mine like that for 4 years on two different jeeps. I got into it with someone on here a while back about the bracket not centering the axle I think it was kjeeper. The main purpose of the bracket is to increase rollcenter not center the axle unless you have 3" or more lift in the rear which the tf kit does not. It has more like 2 to 2.5" fully loaded. I ended up getting the synergy rear tracbar not only for centering the axle but for more strength. At its shortest length I'm still about 1/4" off on the drivers side but I'm fine with that
This ^^ and the SL track bar if unhappy.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I have this same lift on mine for about 2 months now. Had the TB mounted to the lower hole. There was an offset of ~1/2" to the driver side. Just installed the SL adjustable rear TB (that was/is highly recommended here) last weekend. Used the top hole. Centered it right up. I also installed the SL front TB at the same time. The front was offset ~3/4" to the driver. Seems like the Jeep drives better now.
Bingo! :)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up the TeraFlex adjustable, OCD by brand name again haha. If TF had adjustable shocks I would have gone with them vs. the Ranchos. They say the TFs are like Ranchos on 5, I run the Ranchos at 4, tried 5 but abit too sharp for the roads around here.

Thanks for all the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts