Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through a lot of threads I am leaning towards this : (2nd option in (...)

Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with stock shocks ( 2nd option is rancho 9000 xl shocks)
Keeping the stock rim/tire ( 2nd option if I am able to sell them go to 285x70x17)

Help :
my dealer does the lifts, can you see if the lift in the attached picture "2.5 lift with no shocks" 1351000 is the coil 2.5" lift everyone talks about. I am attaching another pic for all the other lifts the dealer has.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add, also plan to add a front and rear bumper and a warn winch.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
If you are going to use the stock shocks then the lift should be the 1352000 which includes the shock adapters.

If you are using the stock shocks to keep the cost down, you can do it but the performance will just be so-so unless you have the stock Rubicon shocks. If you have Sport shocks and if cost is the concern, hit up Craigslist and buy a set of new Rubicon take offs to install with your lift... They should only be $50-$75 bucks for all 4.

If cost isn't a big factor, go with the 1351000 and have the dealer pick up a set of Rancho RS9000XL's for that lift height.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the stock rubicon shocks, I mean the one that came with my rubicon 2014

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cost is not a concern, but if there is not much difference in ride quality between rubicon shocks and rancho 9000 (general overall setting ) then I will use stock.

Mostly city, highway driving with medium duty off-roading, how much I don't know yet so keeping it a minimum lift until I go and graduate on the trails .

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have the 9000xls and being fully 9 way adjustable is awesome. Right now they have a really good rebate so you can pick up a set of 4 for $250 ( $110 a piece normally) Trust me you won't regret it. I never had the rubicon shocks so I can't compare them, I imagine they would be heavy duty and somewhat stiff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed the 2.5" Tereflex coil lift and Rancho RS9000Xl shocks on my 2013 JKU last month. Love the ride. Still getting use to the 9 different settings on the Ranchos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts