Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought the Teraflex exhaust spacer kit for my 16 JKUHR. I noticed it said on the site required for 12 and up models. On the 16, I noticed we don't have the cross member mentioned in the video and there's a lot of clearance between the driveshaft and the exhaust.

I'm sure many of you have already lifted your 16 models. Any issues with contact?

I'm partially complete with my full suspension lift and will start the front this week.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Install the lift on the Front end then when your installing the springs and the suspension is at near full droop, take a look, you will be contacting the exhaust crossover with the driveshaft.

Nothing has changed with the 2016's, if your installing a 2.5 or higher lift, it is good insurance, in some cases, you need a new driveshaft even with an exhaust spacer...

·
Administrator
16,988 Posts
Exhaust spacers are needed, when the Jeep is at full droop it will rub the exhaust. No difference in 2016 compared to any other 2012+ wrangler.
If you never go off road it might be ok, but its cheap insurance to make sure you don't rip the DS boot.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes the 2016 has the crossover and yes the driveshaft can hit the exhaust. It has nothing to do with lift height, it's all about your shock length. If you keep the stock shocks you should be fine. If you get longer travel shocks you will hit at full droop/full flex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts