Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't planning on upgrading my front bumper, but a large flat bed truck delivering bricks decided to do it for me. He turned to sharp, I couldn't back up and the front bumper took the hit.

I am looking at the Barricade Trail Force HD front bumper (79lbs) and my question is how much drop will I get in the front end? I had ordered the Teraflex Leveling Kit the day before and have 18/60 springs installed. The TF kit is not installed yet, if the front end drops too much, can I add another puck to the front? I don't plan on doing any hardcore wheeling or rocks, more just trails and logging roads.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me when I first got my jeep. The trailforce HD was my first mod,2 weeks later I put on a 2.5" lift.

For that week I didn't notice the front end rake being any worse than stock. A lot of the lift kids already take that into consideration, as far as leveling kits go, I am unsure if they give that extra "buffer" room for weight upfront or not.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I would say with out the stiffer springs you would drop back down to stock height. But with them ontop of the leveling kit you should still see the gained height of the kit. You probably will get the rake look back though if the rear stays stock bumper wise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking at the Barricade Trail Force HD front bumper (79lbs) and my question is how much drop will I get in the front end? I had ordered the Teraflex Leveling Kit the day before and have 18/60 springs installed. The TF kit is not installed yet, if the front end drops too much, can I add another puck to the front? I don't plan on doing any hardcore wheeling or rocks, more just trails and logging roads.
I have both on my JK Sport and don't notice any front end drop. If anything, it looks like my front end sits a little high. I'll be ordering the Rancho 2" Sport lift this week with 5000X shocks, but will try to get a good picture for you before the new install.

·
Commercial Member
245 Posts
I just installed the same setup a few months ago on my wifes '11 JKU, i don't recall the spring numbers but looks level.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the input. I think I am going to install it and see what happens. Should be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts