Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 315/70 ko2's today for my wife's 15 jku. It has a tf leveling pucks with longer sway bar links on it now. I'm adding bw flats with the 315/70's. I curious if anyone had swapped pucks for the rk 1.5" coils or complete kit and what was the outcome. I want something that looks more level. I still have a good bit of rake now. I'm looking at swapping coils and removing pucks and adding rancho5000's. Or my other option is the complete 1.5" stock mod kit with the 5000's. My main concern is handling since it's on my wife's jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If you are concerned with handling, and aren't going to be adding any weight to the Jeep, I'd stick with the pucks. Park the Jeep on a flat level surface, measure the height from the front and rear of the pinch seams to the ground. This will tell you how much rake you still have or don't, adjust your puck size from there.
Swapping coils and/or shocks will change the handling. If adding weight, it will change for the better, but won't ever feel stock.

For the record, I started with an AEV 2" spacer lift, added weight, hated it! Currently running RK 1.5" coils and RS5000 shocks, and some other stuff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm thinking more and more is just leaving the pucks on for her. She doesn't want bumpers or anything and just from looking at pics none of them truly look level to me. I would think adding the rancho 5000s may be an improvement though

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I seen a rebate somewhere the other day for 50 back so that's basically the same deal. Any idea which ones I would need for the tf leveling kit

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If you go on the rancho site the say use the 26" up front and 28" in the rear. If you ask rancho directly here on the forums they recommend 26" and 30". You would be good either way.

I have been tossing around a similar question for weeks now. I was torn between either staying with the leveling kit I now have or moving to the RK 2.5" flex. I def want bigger tires so if I stay with the leveling kit I would need to either add bumpstop or go flat fenders or perhaps both. I also want to add disconnects and new shocks as well. What it has come down to for me is cost to arrive at bigger tires 34"/35". By the time I purchase fenders, shocks, disconnects, bumpstops, and a few needed tools to do the installs myself, plus my time I can just get a proper lift installed and do it the right way for a little more and not have the regret later. The difference is about $500. And I'll sell the leveling kit to get a little of that back as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tf leveling pucks to rk 1.5" coils or stock mod kit...anyone?

The leveling kit didn't come with anything other than pucks and longer swaybar links. It's more of a mall crawler. But I will say she does take it off road from time to time. Mainly fire roads around the local national forest and out on our families farms and pastures. I have the hard part done, picking which tires. I have a set of 315/70's ko2 c rated sitting in the shop. Just trying to decide what to do suspension wise and decide if I want to go plastic or aluminum on the bushwacker flares

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You would be ok with the 0-2" lift sized Rancho shocks. If you want extra down travel, you could go the next length up. RS5329 and RS5330 I believe. That's what I did. Either way you should add bump stop extensions to prevent bottoming out the shocks when flexing. With flat flares, you should only need 1" bumps. If you won't be flexing fully, probably could do without the bumps.
The plastic bushwackers are quite sturdy. So unless you just want the aluminum for some reason, is save some cash and go with plastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts