Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I am gathering up the stuff to do it.

waiting to get the coil.
anyone have any tips-n-tricks?

got one big question though, after this is done (small stuff like gauges, etc.) the wiring harness (snake pit) is pretty much useless, right? i gotta pair of cutters with its name on it if it is.

thanks all

andy

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Have you changed out the carb as well? some of the wiring is needed for the carb. I researched this a while ago, but never did it. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i havent done that yet. And it shows. I know my carter is toast. And i have a vac leak somewhere. I got my eye on a 2100 on ebay. I just hope that one guy dont snag it. But there seems to be quite a few always on there.
I just changed out my cap, rotor and wires. I am waiting till next wednesday to get the coil. A buddy at work saw me researching this upgrade and he is bringing me in a gm ignition module, he said he was just about to toss it out. Gotta love drag race guys, always got more parts than they care to have sometimes.
But i will definatly keep all posted as i go.

It does seem to idle better after it gets warmed up now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an update

got my coil installed sunday. runs a better, but still carb issues. guy shipped out my 2100 carb yesterday. going to rebuild it and slap it on there.
went with the TFI set up for now. just dont feel like messing with more wires rite now on the hybrid approach. but when i do yall will be the first to know.

andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts