Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little chilly and wet on Friday but that makes you appreciate sunny days like Saturday so much more.
It was a great time, great food, great people.
Capt Black had his Jumping Jack "off the grid" for the first time, Swiss' trailer made it's debut, Bob broke out his huge trailer for the 'Mog and brought FIREWOOD, we had a royal feast, and we even got to meet Jeff's lovely wife and daughter (but didn't break out the camera for some reason...).

SE Tennessee is a fantastic place to camp. Clean potties and no fees...

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
Looks like a GREAT time Bill! Now that is the way I'd deffinately like to spend the Holliday! And with all the trimmings!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving.

May I ask.....the small trailer attached to the White JK-U in photo #2, is that a rental or how much do they run?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May I ask.....the small trailer attached to the White JK-U in photo #2, is that a rental or how much do they run?
Swiss had the basic frame-on-axle built to his specs by a trailer fabricator in Alabama and then he modded it in his garage to hold his rooftop tent.
He used to haul that tent around on top of his JK on a Congo Cage; it was ponderous to watch that tippy mess on a rough trail...

Here's a thread he did on it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
nice....

·
Registered
356 Posts
GOOD LORD SWISS!!! That thing looked like a cross between the bus off of the Partridge Family and Eddies RV in Vegas Vacation!! Hahahaha..... I would loved to have seen that in person! I am sure it got the job done, but wow.... seeing a house ladder leaned up against your Jeep just to reach your Pee-Wee's Playhouse storage shed size luggage carrier was funny! Careful of rapid changes in altitude and nose bleeds buddy. You did good with the conversion and it looks awesome. Very impressive.... tell me, you don't pack the ladder any longer, do you? Hehehe

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Sounds like the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts