Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I talked to my local dealer yesterday (8/02/07) about getting a Wrangler with the options I wanted. He said that over the next 2 weeks the 08's will be rolling in. I hope I get one this year! I know IM going to get raped on my trade in 04 Ranger 4x4 xlt. I sunk allot of money into it that I'll probably not get back. I kinda want to pay it off I only owe 6800.00 more dollars on it. Then I could buy a Wrangler, plus keep my lil Ranger.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I'd suggest selling your Ranger and not trading it in. Dealers always low-ball ya on that. If you sell it, you can pay it off and prolly end up with more of a down payment on the Wrangler.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine is built already and will be shipped on the 14th:D

Im keepin my 95 Blazer so a freind of mine can go with me......its got 186K on it so its worthless but it runs good and costs next to nothing to insure......g

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Like az said sell that ranger your self.

~Lev

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Like az said sell that ranger your self.

~Lev
Hard to sell if you don't have the title in hand. Would you hand that much money to someone and not get a title in return? Also, it's not low balling, it's called wholesale. Do you honestly think that grocery stores pay 2.38 for a gallon of milk?

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Hard to sell if you don't have the title in hand. Would you hand that much money to someone and not get a title in return? Also, it's not low balling, it's called wholesale. Do you honestly think that grocery stores pay 2.38 for a gallon of milk?
Would you take a used gallon in for trade on a new gallon. :confused:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just messin with ya BK
It's all good in the hood. Some of us actually like used milk. I make cottage cheese with it. :eek:

·
Im bringin flexy back!
678 Posts
now dont be picking on BK, but BK you know how tradeins work.. pretend for a moment you dont work at a dealership and know what you know, should he trade it in or private sell?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
now dont be picking on BK, but BK you know how tradeins work.. pretend for a moment you dont work at a dealership and know what you know, should he trade it in or private sell?
Oh I would definitely try to sell it privately. :D I'm just saying that it's going to be tough to do. You are going to have to weed through a lot of "folks" before you find one, if you find one, that's willing to payoff your loan and wait for his title. Which can take quite some time. Plus, they will have to have enough cash to make the purchase, or secure their own personal loan. It's just a pain in the a$$ for an extra 2k. Not to mention the headaches afterward if the vehicle were to have a major malfunction before the title gets transferred or shortly after. You take a lot of risk when you sell privately. That's why trade ins get a lower value than they would if you were to sell it on your own.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hope you are correct about the 08 beginning to shipping in the next few weeks. Ordered my wrangler in June, hope to have it by fall.
Car delers do earn their money when they take in a trade. They advertise, clean up the vehicle, and even if they say no waranty they are still obglicated to make repairs after the sale. They do all the paper work, title work, financing, and they have the overhead to pay for. It is not an easy business to be in and second to lawyers car sales people get a lot of s#@%##@t.
Trading in your old ride makes your life a lot less stressfull, that is worth something $$$. I prefer letting the dealer do what they do best, buy and sell autos.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yup. It's a nice color too.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I hope you are correct about the 08 beginning to shipping in the next few weeks.
We got a couple 08 GC's in today, so I'm sure the wranglers aren't far behind.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ordering an 08 from factory

What is the cutoff for ordering a 08 Wrangler custom from the factory? I was considering ordering a Wrangler with my options this coming March.?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You should be ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another thought on doing a trade-in is that it is tax free in alot of states, whereas cash used for the down payment is still taxed.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
good call. Same thing here in PA.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts