Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
181 - 200 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Last night me and my lovely gf drove right around 140 miles each way for a full set of hardtop windows. Both sides & the rear window for the hardtop out back that I paid $90.00 for. I think at $80.00 for the 3 windows and roughly $20 in gas. It was still well worth it. Now I don't have to swap the windows over from my hardtop that's on the jeep to the new one. I just gotta locate the rear window hinges for the hardtop.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·

I heard good things about this stuff from a few buddies. So hopefully this makes the transmission run a lot smoother. If not ill be looking into a new ax5. The old trans was low on fluid or should I say pudding... because that was what came out of it. Figure ill run it for a bit. Drain and refill. Trying to flush the pudding out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·

Heres the new tub. I'm traveling roughly 600 miles. 4 Hours each way for it this weekend. Its a yellowish green. Comp cut. The rear has mounts from the previous owners propane conversion.

Passenger behind the diamond plate has a dent. As well as up by the cowl. But the backside I'm sure I can find a way to pop it out.

Again this is a clean tub. It has some light rust on floors. But no rot. And that's what I was wanting. Ill be undercoating the entire thing inside and below. As well as the frame. Itll probably end up being POR-15.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Yeah, but I was told your local shop is gonna whack you for a couple hundred anyway? If that's true I'll go with a woody. I don't know the best way to get the windows out, but I don't think I would use a heat gun.
Haven't looked into it. I had a woody on my last YJ. Was $310 to my door for a rear. Had a ujoint fail within 500 miles. I think I'll try Adams driveshaft this time. I will say Tom Woods offered a new ujoint as well as the driveshaft to be inspected and such. So that's great customer service. I'm stumped on the window situation. But I want to get it taken care of. Tomorrow we are doing a 4 1/2 hour drive each way to pick up the new tub.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
After yesterday's road trip almost came to end. About 45 mins from home. We seen a dog on the side of the highway. It's 20* out. We turn around and I hop out of the truck. The dog comes up to me. It has a cyst the side of a basketball on its chest. We are pretty sure it ended up getting dumped...

181 - 200 of 291 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.