Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else has TONS of Work to do on their JEEP but doesn't seem to have the spare time to do it? Who else is tired of it?

Since the Fall and Winter months here is a small list that seems to be keeping me
from installing all the new parts I have for "The Red Beast".

Hunting... well cain't pass that up, in my blood line and need to keep my man card
Weather... always nice when I'm working, crappy when not
Holidays... speaks for itself
Birthdays... cain't miss those
Work... that's a giving, someone has to pay for the liberals that believe they should give our hard working monies away for the "less fortunate" etc.
Weather again... speaks for itself
WIFE... again speaks for itself (CYA)
Work... covering for others out on vacation, sick & etc.
Friends... hey can you help me move?
Work... have to pay for the mods/parts for the JEEP, Oh and all those other bills
Maintenance... well the "other" vehicles need some attention as well
Honey doo's... see above, "wife"!
Side work... have to make the money back to put towards the JEEP that is being taken away from us thanks in all to our lovely government's cookie jar, ETC!
Life... everyday livin'

Did I cover it all? Anyone care to add to this list?

While I'm doing all this "Spare Stuff" my red beast is calling my name and needs my loving attention. Like last night had to finish up the graphics on this limited mod (side work). Only seven more to go before the end of FEB. This is on top of my regular 50 hr weekly job. Oh the agony! Who am I kidding, at this rate my YJ will be done by the end of this year. And that's what I said last year...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My yj is sitting at my wife's dealership with a busted 5 speed, waiting on me to get it swapped. I'm stuck with pretty much the same above list, and waiting on parts. Putting in a tj ax15, and bellhousing. External slave swap, and had to order an adapter pilot bushing from novak. Just waiting on the clutch kit, and thro out bearing. Hopefully can get on it next weekend. My yj is a 91, and this is the first time it has ever been "broken down". Only ever been off the road for maint, wear-n-tear repairs, or upgrades.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dude. I hear ya. I go into withdrawal in the winter because I can't work on my jeep. If I had a garage I'd be all set. I've got boxes of parts to install but it's pretty much dark and freezing when I get home from work.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You left out....
Kids and all their activities
House..to keep up and improve..

I know the feeling...
Last weekend of duck season here and night hunting season for hogs doesn't come in to 3-1 so hopefully I can get some jeep work done if Feb...although feb is a great time to hunt yotes...lol

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I don't really have much in the way of mods or improvements, but I feel my time being stretched to the max. I got this weekend of duck season and then its over. I got school until the middle of may, then summer! And homework every night. I'd like more time to do what I want to do, but I guess that's life. Atleast I have a Jeep!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same here... i just leave everything that i buy for the jeep in it till i can work on it. The parts are just about touching the roof of the hard top...

·
Super Moderator
12,678 Posts
I have a solution for your problem. I don't think that you understand YJ Jeeps. You want to finish something that is never finishable. It is all in the perception of the problem.

The solution to your problem is to decide that it will never be finished. You had time to design and cut that hood graphic, just start buying parts, you'll find the time to install them.

If anyone on this forum has a CJ or YJ Jeep that they consider "done", I would like to hear from them. That would be their regular vehicle, not a Jeep that they buy, fix up to sell.

Good Luck, L.M.

P.S. I feel your pain. I am retired and still can't seem to find the time to do as much as I want to my old Jeep.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
My yj is sitting at my wife's dealership with a busted 5 speed, waiting on me to get it swapped. I'm stuck with pretty much the same above list, and waiting on parts. Putting in a tj ax15, and bellhousing. External slave swap, and had to order an adapter pilot bushing from novak. Just waiting on the clutch kit, and thro out bearing. Hopefully can get on it next weekend. My yj is a 91, and this is the first time it has ever been "broken down". Only ever been off the road for maint, wear-n-tear repairs, or upgrades.
wow this sounds familiar, my YJ is also sitting at my wife's dealership waiting for a new engine. Would love to swap in a 4.0 but for the price of a couple bottles of liquor the guys at the shop will only swap in another 2.5. And as noted above I do not have the time for all that

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ovyj, I hear ya. Waiting on parts to come in is almost as bad. Cause it seems like you have time to work on it when you don't have the parts on hand. And when they come in...you got to much to do. SO you know, I have been waiting 15 yrs on this build.

Jmo69, yes sir, not a big fan of the cold unless I'm hunting or around a fire. And a Shop is on my short list to have hopefully soon!

Sccritterkiller, I left out the kids cause I don't have any (that I know of). But yes I can see that takes up plenty of time. I do have a rent house that I'm remodeling and gonna put up for sale soon. Can you say Shop money? Well here is East Texas we can hunt the pigs year round. Matter of fact, have Two traps at my place of employment (in the City limits) cause they have pretty much destroyed the landscaping & cost our company lots of money. So far three have been trapped this past week.

Bigearl, keep up the work, it will pay off one day and you will have plenty of Jeeps!

Caraudiocheif, that sounds like my office and I still have to store some in the ole Jeep.

Luckymac, I understand alright, I use the word "finish" loosely. This is just one stage, Phase 1. lol! But I smell whatcha layin'. And I will never be truly done. It's just like a darn race car, never happy with the set up and always want to improve something. I also look at this way. I get my shop, I will always have something to work on, and the beer will always be cold!

mijeeper80, hell a couple of bottles and case of beer seems to be the going rate around here!

Well as you can see, it took me a little while to post a reply. Worked a 12 Sat, 12 Sun, and 13 Monday. Gonna be a 11 today. Been a long week already and it's just Tuesday. Will finish up a mod tonight and start on a stock car 2morrow and finish the week out with another stock car. That leaves 4 more stock cars and a kart to do. Maybe I will be able to at least get some tinkering done on the Jeep in between jobs. That's up to the Jeep Gods and out of my hands it seems.

KMD

·
Registered
34 Posts
At least their dirt cars KMDWRANGLER. The graphics look great!
I sold my bike that was never rode. I bought the Jeep i have now in hopes that it
will be easier to get seat time in.
I've kept my YJ in my side job bay to make me get some of the work done on it.
Wrong, i just use my wife's bay for that as i stare at the Jeep.
Then when i go in and clean up. i end up ordering more parts as i wind down.
Viscus circle.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Littenracing. Yes sir, love me some dirt racing!

It sure is a vicious Cycle indeed! Does ordering parts for the jeep count as working on it? If so, I got some work done on the red beast this week! As well as another modified is completed. The graphics turned out bad to the bone. Btw that is not a "wrap". That is cut RTA (ready to Apply) Vinyl, layered. Still doing it old school.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I sold the business when I was 51 and decided I was done working. I thought I would have tons of time, but don't ask me where it goes??? Everyone I talk with who has retired say they seemed to have more free time when they worked.
I know a big part of it is friends who think of me first when they need help. After all I'm not working I must have way too much spare time.

:atomic:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reno92 , I know where your coming from. Sometimes I have to go back to work just to get some rest! One thing is for sure, the more I work the more money I have to put towards the YJ build. And it also keeps the wife happy that I'm not spending "her" money!

KMD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you Littenracing. Yes sir, love me some dirt racing! It sure is a vicious Cycle indeed! Does ordering parts for the jeep count as working on it? If so, I got some work done on the red beast this week! As well as another modified is completed. The graphics turned out bad to the bone. Btw that is not a "wrap". That is cut RTA (ready to Apply) Vinyl, layered. Still doing it old school.
My youngest daughter and I need some hood decals. I want them different and to relate to what we do. It's been sense 2000 that we ran sprint cars. Witch is where my liking for Jeeps came. It will be the only way I can afford time and money is to be a push truck. (My way back on the track)
We both have black Jeeps. Hers is a TJ. Mines a YJ. The TJ, of corse is done in bubble gum pink. Mine. Red. Interested?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts