Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I'm definitely an enthusiast of the CJ and it's direct descendants. But my bigger issue is Jeep has spent a lot of time trying to sell people on the idea that the Renegade is a capable vehicle offroad, and now they have an ad making it look like a BMW doing slalom runs through Manhattan.

It's like they can't decide how they want to sell that thing. Is it a Jeep? Is it a Fiat 500? It's the only car with an identity crisis I have ever seen.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The ad is just as lame as that ugly thing jeep calls renegade...

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
“Dawn of Justice” model for the 2016 Jeep Renegade.----- NO!!

The Dodge brand will launch a co-branded spot in mid-March. The 15-second spot will feature chase scenes within “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” of the Dodge Challenger---- Now you have my attention!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
The ad is just as lame as that ugly thing jeep calls renegade...
Nothing is as lame as that Fiat "red light camera" Zoolander 2 commercial. :puke:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anything that keeps the Jeep name going is fine in my book as long as the Wrangler is still being made.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The renegade is a great vehicle in its segment. Not really sure why people have such an issue with it. IMO it's the best looking and proven to be the most capable in its segment. That's what makes it a Jeep brand vehicle. Capability versus its competitors.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The renegade is a great vehicle in its segment. Not really sure why people have such an issue with it. IMO it's the best looking and proven to be the most capable in its segment. That's what makes it a Jeep brand vehicle. Capability versus its competitors.
That's a good point. Compare a Renegade to a Wrangler and it's laughable. But the Renegade is not intended for the Wrangler buyer. For them they have... Wranglers.
I guess there is something to resent that it is an Italian made badge engineered stablemate. I can see that.

Compare it to a CR-V, Escape, Rogue, CX-5, etc.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Renegade grew on me, it's like a pint sized little brother. The effort that goes into hating it doesn't make sense; anything that promotes the brand is good.

I have also endlessly looked at video reviews. In its class, it is a pretty capable set up. Having a small SUV with removable tops doesn't suck. I'd rent one if I was an option, and I'd even buy one as a DD if I could afford it and my JK weekend car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i almost bought a renegade went with subaru instead smarter choice for resale etc... but i really liked the renegade. Not as much as my wrangler but would have been a nice family car/bad weather driver for wife.

·
Registered
319 Posts
One thing that I think is a little outrageous is the price point. At least up here in Canada. Was at the Canadian Auto Show and they had a 75th anniversary with an MSRP of $38k! A fully loaded Limited - $41k.

To me a compact SUV should top out at 32-35k at most. 41k gets you a nice Wrangler, Cherokee Trailhawk or base GC up here.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
clayps has a good point, the Renny is in a different class than a Wrangler they don't compare, if it gets more of the People into buying it, it will only help us as a voting block to keep areas open and people can see how fun it is out there. And later they may move up to a Wrangler.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nothing is as lame as that Fiat "red light camera" Zoolander 2 commercial. :puke:
I have no words for that... I don't watch a lot of tv, had not seen it until now... I wish I could "un-see" it, but is too late. Thanks for that WaltA!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
We should all learn from his fiscal restraint. Bruce Wayne didn't become a fictional bazillionaire by wasting money on expensive vehicles.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
We should all learn from his fiscal restraint. Bruce Wayne didn't become a fictional bazillionaire by wasting money on expensive vehicles.
Like a Red Rock?

There's a huge gang (the JKKK?) of self-absorbed Wrangler owners who prejudicially ridicule the Renegade. Those people would be surprised at the places where that little vehicle could follow their over-sized Wrangler. I've seen quite a few Renegades on the trails around Moab and have been very impressed. It's a capable little vehicle that deserves to wear the Jeep badge and certainly beats anything else in its intended segment.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Like a Red Rock?

There's a huge gang (the JKKK?) of self-absorbed Wrangler owners who prejudicially ridicule the Renegade. Those people would be surprised at the places where that little vehicle could follow their over-sized Wrangler. I've seen quite a few Renegades on the trails around Moab and have been very impressed. It's a capable little vehicle that deserves to wear the Jeep badge and certainly beats anything else in its intended segment.
Special Edition trim packages are usually pretty silly. Especially when tied to a movie.

I have no opinion on the Renegade. But having watched the BvS advertisement/trailer twice, I have no reason to question it's ability to traverse the paved streets of Gotham City or Metropolis. We all know deep down that you don't really need 37's to venture where most Wrangler owners dare to go.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Like a Red Rock? There's a huge gang (the JKKK?) of self-absorbed Wrangler owners who prejudicially ridicule the Renegade. Those people would be surprised at the places where that little vehicle could follow their over-sized Wrangler. I've seen quite a few Renegades on the trails around Moab and have been very impressed. It's a capable little vehicle that deserves to wear the Jeep badge and certainly beats anything else in its intended segment.
Agreed. I can't help but read through the comments on Facebook posts of the Renegade on Jeeps official page for entertainment. The amount of hate it gets is ridiculous. Sometimes the level of ignorance is upsetting. Mind you most comments on anything social media related seem to be overly negative.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts