Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings...
The Brits have come to the States....again. If you're bored- watch Mud, Sweat & Gears on the BBC. It's a car competition- where two teams build purpose built cars from cheap crap. Last week they built "Trucks of War". This week's episode- build an off-road vehicle. Before anyone gets too excited- there is no Jeep involved. I won't give the models away...but one rhymes with Stir A Fry and the other with Hair Gel. Got you on that one...don't I?
But if the surroundings look familiar- they're at Cleghorn. (Or "Cajon Pass" as they call it). There are rocks, mud, winching, and an explosion. Fun Stuff. Top Gear is still better....but this series appears to all be filmed in So Cal.
They don't have full episodes online- you'll have to TiVo.
Here is a preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0NAVfjzbsI

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have mentioned the Savy/Currie Jeep in the beginning of the episode.
Shame on me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Damn I saw that episode now that I know its was filmed so close I want to try the hill climb from the first challenge, do you happen to know what hill it was?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on BBC America actually.
I don't know which hill that was 1991. I am not as familiar with that area- but there are a bunch of climbs like that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's on BBC America actually.
I don't know which hill that was 1991. I am not as familiar with that area- but there are a bunch of climbs like that.
Dang I was hoping it was a well known hill, I guess I'll have to climb them all.

+1 on bbc America it's how I get my top gear fix, love the shenanigans those Brits get into

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Dang I was hoping it was a well known hill, I guess I'll have to climb them all.

+1 on bbc America it's how I get my top gear fix, love the shenanigans those Brits get into
Huh I have been waiting for the new seasons of Top Gear to hit Netflix. Guess I'll check out BBC America.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts