Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best place to order jeep parts? Online or not. I have been useing quadratech but the kill you will shipping.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I really like Daveysjeeps.com ... If I had the money, more of it would be in his pocket :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can't say who is the best, but I can say who I won't deal with again if at all possible. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. What a night mare?!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
4wd.com, Quadratec.com, JC Whitney

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I can't say who is the best, but I can say who I won't deal with again if at all possible. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. What a night mare?!
I love these guys. In store and online.

·
Vendor
5,681 Posts
I think your question is too broad and generic. So a big "it depends" answer:

If it's an easy-to-install part that is made by a national manufacturer, and all retailers have the exact same thing, then it's down to stocking, price, shipping and service.

If it's a hard to install part, it very well may be worth ordering it through your local dealer/installer.

If it's a custom part where you want to know the guys who made it, then information from sites like this on a particular company is really useful. It makes it possible for tiny companies like Rokmen to develop nationwide followings.

I would also suggest that developing a relationship with your local dealer is a good thing. The independents may charge a few bucks more on parts, but they frequently sponsor club runs, offer knowledge, and serve as centers of the off-road community. This is something we should support with a few extra dollars when we can. (I order online too, I'm just saying...)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
^^ Good point. That's why I like 4wd.com, besides the fact they have stores in the area.. their website has detailed installation instructions that can be downloaded on each part page... and also an explanation of how difficult it may be and what you'll need to install it.

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
good info guys, have used harmons4x4 in Tulsa and quadratec, need to find a good salvage place...

·
Registered
9 Posts
why spend all that time comparing prices? Quadratec has it all, one stop shopping, they may not be the lowest all the time but they have almost everything in one spot.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
why spend all that time comparing prices? Quadratec has it all, one stop shopping, they may not be the lowest all the time but they have almost everything in one spot.
You must have money to burn ... I like to see if someone is selling something for less than the other guy. If I can get the exact same part for less, then I'm buying it for less.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im with Kp oconee has the best prices and free shipping.I wont deal with 4 wheel parts again, to many broken promises.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Disregard the SALE ENDS TODAY! They have that on all their adds. They will match prices and offer huge discounts on Rugged Ridge items plus you can take an additional 5% off you entire order at checkout. Give them a try.

·
Registered
229 Posts
so far 4wd.com and 4wheelparts.com have been great to me

Whobeme- what went wrong with 4wd??
I ordered a G2 complete rear axle from them and was told they would ship it out right away and I would have it in less than 7 days. 1st lie. The sales person admitted a couple days later that he knew it takes up to a month to ship since they are made to order. Conveniently they charged my credit card immediately, after claiming it wouldn't happen until the axle shipped. 2nd lie. For my inconvenience they promised me a $100 gift card, which I still haven't seen three weeks later. I also ordered gears for the front axle at the same time with an install kit. They informed me the gears were shipped, but don't show I ordered the install kit even though they charged me for it. While they are taking their time investigating it the gears and install kit show up together in one package. I inform them of this and they claim it is impossible since I never ordered the install kit. I ended up calling G2 and dealt with a guy there that was awesome. I got the axle in two weeks thanks to him. Every time I have had to call customer service (all seven times) I have had to wait a minimum of 8 minutes up to 15 minutes. They claim it is due to a heavier call load than normal. I wonder why. I have ordered from them several times in the past and never had a problem. Place a $2,600.00 order and it becomes been a nightmare! There has been a lot of complaints in the past few months on other forums about the poor customer service. Maybe they have had personnel cut backs like a lot of other companies have had and it's affecting things. I'll use the gift card, if it ever shows up, and see how things go from there, but as of now it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I have real good luck with 4wd.com, and with a store over in Indy (real good guys too!) I'm less than 2 hours if I have parts sent to the store and I pick them up.

That has saved me a bundle in shipping fees!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts