Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from the deer field Monday night my Jeep randomly died, fires back up but the ETC light and traction control light were on. Jeep was in limp mode and would only idle, wouldn’t accelerate at all.

So we pulled off on a gravel road, unhooked the battery, hooked it back up and it fired right up and made it 10 miles back home.

Next morning went out and all it would do is crank over, wouldn’t start.

So I started with the obvious, checking connections. Then decided to replace the throttle body and the throttle position sensor. Still nothing.

So I replaced the accelerator pedal, with the pedal position sensor. Still nothing.

The red lightning bolt light comes on, then after about 10 seconds it starts blinking. Jeep cranks over just fine, but just won’t start.

I’m going on a week of trying to track this gremlin down and just can’t figure out what is causing this problem?!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just verified that my old accelerator pedal/sensor works as well as my old throttle body/position sensor.

I found the area on my scan tool to check percentages and both were responsive when opened and closed.

So I can rule out that those are the issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only codes thrown is 0456 for a light emissions leak. Has been throwing that code for 2 years though 🏻

·
Registered
271 Posts
What does that lighting bolt mean? If it’s a warning lite tot he operator there must be something we need to do to resolve it? Why would it come one with no codes and no repair suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts