Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a firecracker JKU, and everyone in Jeep clubs around here names their Jeep & puts the name on their hood. I thought a good name would be "Fired Up!"...as in excited/ready to ride, and it ties in with firecracker.

The wife looked at me with big eyes and said "NO WAY!" (I should point out that since I work daily out of a pickup, she does most of the daily Jeep driving).
Her thinking is that it sounds like a drug reference, and she would be stopped by cops all the time. Really? You can't even use the phrase fired up anymore? When I think of fired up I don't think of drugs. I've heard "fire up" used as a drug reference, but never the past tense "fired up".

How about you? If you see "fired up", what does it mean to you? Whose off base here?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: SOCALGAL and Phynal

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
The only thing that should have a name is a boat over 27'....... It is a Jeep.

I think naming vehicles is silly. Same with calling them "her", "she"......
I name all my vehicles. The Jeep is named The Jeep. The Truck is named The Truck. Wife's car is called The Car. etc. etc. etc. Anything else is just too childish to deal with. Now I do buy beef and pork on the hoof and right now we have Frank and Jesse in the freezer.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
My Jeep, my call. And I make my wife drive my Jeep on the days I'm not wheeling while I drive my much more comfortable Silverado.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Fired up to me means getting angry. Doesn't really sound like a name though.

Ask her what she would like to name it. Maybe she has a solid idea.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Yeah naming inanimate stuff is silly, but we know what opinions are like

BTW meet Code Red

And Wyld Willy.

Styx

Renegade

Ace, Cobra and Billy B

Brutus

Brutus with his siblings Bertha, LilB and Persuasion

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Me and my wife are at somewhat of a crossroad here too with the name.
I want HELLHAMMER
she like NIGHTKRAWLER

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
So we have a firecracker JKU, and everyone in Jeep clubs around here names their Jeep & puts the name on their hood. I thought a good name would be "Fired Up!"...as in excited/ready to ride, and it ties in with firecracker.

The wife looked at me with big eyes and said "NO WAY!" (I should point out that since I work daily out of a pickup, she does most of the daily Jeep driving).
Her thinking is that it sounds like a drug reference, and she would be stopped by cops all the time. Really? You can't even use the phrase fired up anymore? When I think of fired up I don't think of drugs. I've heard "fire up" used as a drug reference, but never the past tense "fired up".

How about you? If you see "fired up", what does it mean to you? Whose off base here?
Unless she's naming it "NO WAY!", I don't see a reference to an alternative from her, so she loses.

I want HELLHAMMER
she like NIGHTKRAWLER

FWIW, I recently saw a JK with the name NIGHTKRAWLER on IG. I haven't seen HELLHAMMER yet. I also like your suggestion.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I want HELLHAMMER
she like NIGHTKRAWLER

I second HELLHAMMER.

OP I don't see the drug reference with Fired Up and until she offers up an alternative she can't veto your suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Lol. I wanted to get "P377OJ" on my tag. First, can you figure it out? *my* wife looked at ME with the same wide eyes and said, "xxxxxx xxx drugs xxx. No. NO, NO, NO!!" I think our WIVES are on drugs @Sneed1979! Although "Sneed rhymes with WEED! Just sayin.

All my Jeeps have had names: Boonie, Truck Norris, Moose Lee, Black Betty. Your Jeep is a family member and deserves a proper name.

BTW, if you don't get the "P377OJ" turn it over.

·
Registered
559 Posts
PS, if you ASK her, she'll prolly get "was his" on the hood...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm thinking I'll kill the NIGHTKRAWLER idea
I still like HELLHAMMER though.
CERBERUS is now my favorite.

And "Fired Up" is definitely not a drug reference. But the Pat Benetar thing......idk.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Cerberus, the three-headed dog who guarded the entrance to Hell?

I dig it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts