Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Vendor
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just daydreaming here.
What would be the absolute best, money-no-object, Jeep adventure you can imagine?

African Safari on back roads seldom traveled?
Finding your way across the Greenland Ice Cap?
Racing to the North Pole?
South Pole?
Around the world on as much dirt as possible?
Alaska to Patagonia?
The Darien Gap?
Iceland?
Borneo Jungles?
Lawrence of Arabia style?
Australia's back roads?
The highest mountain you can drive?
The death road of Bolivia?

Ideas? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
australia would be pretty sweet.
and any of the ones with a lot of snow:punk:

·
Registered
184 Posts
New Zealand is awesome, we drove coast to coast, up and down the entire south island in about 4 days. There are a ton of places to wheel (although we didn't have time, cause of the whole up and down the entire south island). If you plan on doing that I would suggest a full two weeks for the whole trip, much easier on your back side.

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
well alaska would be awesome if staying stateside. but australia or new zealand.. awesome

·
Vendor
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about the polar north? There was a guy here a few weeks back who was from Baffin Island.

New Zealand is WAY at the top of my bucket list. But it doesn't strike me as being too adventurous. The idea of a really good adventure is that you could die. That there won't be a bus load of gray-haired tourists eating at a diner.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts

·
Registered
16,641 Posts

·
In a trailer in the woods
75,276 Posts
What about the polar north? There was a guy here a few weeks back who was from Baffin Island.

New Zealand is WAY at the top of my bucket list. But it doesn't strike me as being too adventurous. The idea of a really good adventure is that you could die. That there won't be a bus load of gray-haired tourists eating at a diner.

You got a problem with gray hair Geoff? :rofl:

·
Registered
543 Posts
The ice roads in Alaska are not bad. Long as your heater works you will be fine. My group is going to drive up to the oil fields next summer. I live right in the middle of Alaska and it will be 10-12 hours to get there. If you plan to hit those roads be smart and do it in the summer. In the winter your just in the way of the truckers.

I have a good start on the Alaska patagonia trip. One I would like to make. Call it the "headed south till we run out of land tour". I have always wanted to drive through South America. That would be a great adventure. Australia would be my next choice and then Iceland.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Be careful in Australia guys.. from what I know they are a anti jeep country

1 - 20 of 56 Posts