Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater is far from being adequate in my 95 2.5L. I didn't know if this was a common problem or if maybe mine just has something wrong somewhere. I don't have an ac unit or direct vents for the heat, but I would still think that small amount of airspace would not be all that difficult to eventually heat up. Any ideas?

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I have experienced the same on mine. ('95yj). I got one of those air scoops for the cowl vent and will see if that helps move more air through the system when it gets cold. I also thought of leaving my windjammer on during the winter, so I would be heating only about half the space. The only problem with that is access to the rear for gear. I haven't had my rear seat in since I bought the jeep.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I realize the heater in the YJ is not the same as my Tahoe.

You mean it"s supposed to do something other than burn your feet or off?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the windjammer thing is on my mind too, but with the amount of air that thing lets by I couldn't see how it would be any better. I'm looking into a mojave heater (or other external unit) that I could mount somewhere out of the way. I'm just always concerned with space/cost/looks/effectiveness. Anyways, so my system is fine?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you can't BBQ your feet ... through a pair of bullhide boots ... with the heater set on low ... in a YJ, that thing is BROKEN.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.