Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my TJ Nov/11. It was an 02 Sport with 55k on it and no mods that I could find. It came with a 4.0/32rh and rear D44/3.73 gears. It was soft top w/half doors and as a bonus, a garvin roof rack.

I wanted the best range for this jeep that could get and total trail reliability . I replaced the plugs with xp985 and every fluid on the rig. I put BFG's on and cleaned her from head to toe. I went from 13's to 15.8 today. If I can reach 16... That's my Holy Grail! What can I do next to push it over the hump?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that is a nice combo for a TJ, pix?

i think you can get 16 easily with that setup, does it have the 30" tall tires? (an option for the Sport)...i have a similar equipped Sahara and I am seeing 17.5 mpg all stop and go driving and 19+ all highway driving but mine is a 5-speed manual.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't had the rack on for the last 7 months. It's handy when camping but no real purpose otherwise so it stays in the garage. I put 30's on it because it was a factory option. Really like my jeep (not complaining about mileage) just looking to squeeze all the mpg's that the factory said I could get out of her.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tdog02 said:
Haven't had the rack on for the last 7 months. It's handy when camping but no real purpose otherwise so it stays in the garage. I put 30's on it because it was a factory option. Really like my jeep (not complaining about mileage) just looking to squeeze all the mpg's that the factory said I could get out of her.
Not sure where you are located but use the puregas site to find non-ethanol fuel in your area. It makes a huge difference for me ~1-2mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts