Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just gonna throw this out there...
How do you CLEAN :hide: your jeep? I personally don't want to hand wash it in the current season (even though its in the 40's). If you go through the car wash, what "package" do you get? They just put a new touchless car wash in with and undercarriage spray :dance:.
My parents did get me an Armor All car cleaning kit that I will use once the weather gets nicer (60's all day)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
the new one car wash here has like 8 zillion psi, it breaks the seal on my upper doors no matter what! I've been using the quarter car wash and using my own soft scrub brush from home (nothing like using theirs on your paint right after someone cleaned the the inside of a sand truck out)

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Kevbz said:
the new one car wash here has like 8 zillion psi, it breaks the seal on my upper doors no matter what! I've been using the quarter car wash and using my own soft scrub brush from home (nothing like using theirs on your paint right after someone cleaned the the inside of a sand truck out)
Yeah never use the brushes there lol.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Most of the 'season' I hose it off when I get home-having learned the hard way how fast sand and dirt from mudholes can destroy universals and bearings...if it's been a real down and dirty run I go to the local 'do it yourself' carwash and use their high pressure wand. Also the 'soap' cycle and brush if the body is really a mess.
Used to just leave it be...until the rust started and bearings started going bad...learned the expensive way-at least hose off the under carriage each run!

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
:nonono:

Attachments

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
s14sh3r said:
Ooh, fancy :rolleyes:

I have access to one, but it's too much trouble to drive down to my uncle's house to get it. Maybe I can talk the wife into getting one if I promise to clean the driveway or something :rofl:
I used to clean big vehicles everyday at work and so I have a nice power washer. Sits in the garage half the time but it's nice.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Full doors, soft top. I just don't want to be washing it in 40* weather. Yes, i'm that lazy lol. The car wash does make the jeep soft top rattle...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cleaning is not horrid. I always get ask "why are you cleaning your Jeep? Shouldn't it be always muddy?" I always respond with "Not unless you want a rusted piece of junk".

x2 with all the other posts. You clean a Jeep just how you would any vehicle.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
hardcoretj said:
Just watch, those power washers can do even more damage to u-joints and seal than the mud!
Not if your careful and don't use the tip made for cleaning oil off of concrete. How the hell else would you clean the undercarriage.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I want my Jeeps to last forever I wash them once a week at least.....kinda glad not too much snow less salt and sand this year. Usually carwash in the winter--but did it by hand the other day--50° here that day.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i bought a power washer last summer and it broke before fall was over. worst 180 bucks i ever spent. it worked great while it worked.

i usually go to the quarter wash and spend 4 bucks.

today i went to an automatic wash because i had a free wash and it was the type you park inside and the machine moves around the jeep. it worked really well, better then any drive threw wash i have done. it dident get into the wheel wells as nicely as id like but it worked great on the body and didn't even mess up my mirrors or KC lights on windshield. that was soft touch, next ill try no touch.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
doclouie said:
I would say don't wash it. That is what gives it character. I only wash mine after red dirt from Moab gets on it.
That red dirt is beautiful though. I found a bunch of it under my hood two months after Moab.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i bought a power washer last summer and it broke before fall was over. worst 180 bucks i ever spent. it worked great while it worked.

i usually go to the quarter wash and spend 4 bucks.

today i went to an automatic wash because i had a free wash and it was the type you park inside and the machine moves around the jeep. it worked really well, better then any drive threw wash i have done. it dident get into the wheel wells as nicely as id like but it worked great on the body and didn't even mess up my mirrors or KC lights on windshield. that was soft touch, next ill try no touch.
Let me guess, some electric POS? Get yourself a gas powered sprayer.

Usually during the winter months I just wash the Jeep by hand because I'm to lazy to get the sprayer out, but during the summer I'll pressure wash it. Use the lowest pressure setting and you'll be fine. As someone said, don't use the 0* tip that can chip concrete.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts