Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running 3.5" rough country coils I bought used on Craigslist last year. Not sure if they are sagging or what the measurement from ground to fram should be running 35" tires but I feel like when I pull up to a Jeep running 2.5" and same tires, we are same ride height. Yes I have winch, bumper, stock rear bumper and stock flares so I doubt that added weight would make it that much lower but I dont know. I was on a tight budget in the beginning and now have saved up some money to replace these rough country coils. I'm looking at the jks 3.5 dual rates, the metalcloak 3.5 and the rock krawler 3.5 coils only. I have control arms already.

With metalcloak I know their coils are mainly built for articulation and not coming unseated, however when I off-road it's nothing that requires serious articulation not have I ever ran a risk of unseating my coils. Should I limit my decision away from metalcloak because of this? Their price tag is higher and if that's the only real befit I fee like I could save a little money but like I said, I'm don't know and am looking for advice.

I do have high steer knuckles and synergy drag link flip kit, control arms and bilstein shocks. Just looking to swap coils only.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
The Metalcloaks do have a long free length, but so do the Rock Krawlers... The JKS I think are a little shorter, but that only comes in to play if you are running really long shocks.

I've run the RK's and think that is probably the best choice on that list to replace something like RC springs. I think they will have a slightly better ride quality.

What shocks are you matching up with?

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts