Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a short bit for Colombian TV on the lore of the jeep in that country. I was about to not post it because it's entirely in Spanish but the images of heavily loaded CJs chugging down mountain roads are appealing to all Jeepers no matter the language. Interestingly enough not a YJ, TJ or JK to be seen anywhere in the video, maybe in 50 years they'll make their way there!

My favorite part is near the end where a man in his sixties talks about the '53 CJ behind him that he inherited from his father. ("When you put that thing into 4 Lo hold on!")

AGENDA CM& "El camino del yipao" - YouTube

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Can you imagine living there and buying a$35K Jeep and having "ticking Cylinder Heads" in that country ...Or a bad computer or other Electronic wizardry....
They can fix those old Jeeps, nothing high tech about that.......Keep em running forever.
Geeeee, no lift kits, no big tires, just hard working old Jeeps used the way they were intended ....
Thanks for the post !! "BH"

·
Registered
136 Posts
Awesome clip. Thanks.

I loved seeing those Jeeps loaded high and wide with people and goods taking corners-nice lean!

Also love being reminded that most of the Jeeps that have/do cross some of the most inhospitable roads are not sporting big tires or lifts but skinny heavy treads.

Thanks for posting this clip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was wondering why the seven slots on the Grill, those are grab-bars for the first class passengers (see 5:04)!
I'd love to get those original tires on my JK.
Nice work Yipito... bien bacano pues!

·
Registered
571 Posts
WOW... Monica...
Oh, interesting video... Especially the first 15 seconds or so.
Next time someone gives me crap about not having a lift and big tires Im going to send them this video!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Colombiana aqui!
For those who don't speak Spanish .... El Desfile del yipao or camino del yipao is a celebration or contest in Colombia where they demonstrate the abilities of their jeeps and the prowess of the drivers. Generally the categories are based upon the cargo... Produce, people, animals and furniture. The driver will pile the cargo both strategically and aesthetically then drive down street showing off their ability. In addition, they may do "tricks" and such ...think of a parade of low riders.

Do a search on either google or YouTube and you will find mu h more. Very neat event.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts