Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving a restaurant for lunch, waiting to turn left, and I see a new JL approaching from the left. It's bright yellow and I can see a woman driving it. She's 40-ish, good looking, with that professional, salon perfect, hair style. The Jeep and the hair indicates a degree of affluence, and as she gets closer I can see a big smile on her face.

Then I get "the wave". Not the "full five-fingered" wave. Not the casual "I'm cool and done this before two or three-fingered" wave...no...I got the "take my right hand off the steering wheel full blown Forest Gump" wave complete with a bigger smile.

It made me smile! I'm still smiling! I'm guessing it was her first Jeep and she was really feeling like she was a part of something special.

Anyway... she made my day.

Registered
Agreed, cool story indeed. I wish she could see your post and realize just how cool she is!

Registered
I had one of those Jeep waves that left an impression-

The wife and I were on a secondary road south of the border (WA State), and an older Jeep running topless and doorless was approaching on our left. A little girl about 7 years old riding shotgun shyly asks her daddy behind the wheel if she can wave. As they pulled up beside, she smiles sweetly and waves from the passenger's seat. The wife and I gave her the mother of all Jeep waves in return, and it really made her smile. Heck, it made us smile all the way home.

I always wave, but when an oncoming Jeep sneaks up on me when I am preoccupied, I have gotten the odd wave off late. I would say I have about 100% success with the Jeep wave in the US, maybe 60% up here in the frozen north. I am hoping it catches on.

Premium Member
I thought your last sentence was going to be, and then I realized it was my wife!

Reactions: Georgie Boy

Registered
I was approaching a Jeep last year and was ready to wave until I noticed the driver had both hands on top of the wheel and was TEXTING! I didn't wave, figuring he was too busy with his phone to see me. All of a sudden he looked up and gave me the wave and went back to his phone.

The funny thing is this happened right in front of our local township police station!

Registered
I got a Forrest Gump waive from a woman passenger in a two door white JK very similar to mine on Sunday. I was leaving the marina where we keep our boat, and the other Jeep was pulling in. Driver didn't waive, but the female passenger waived very enthusiastically.

Registered
It's been a while but I had one that made my day too.
I got home when my Jeep was new and my daughter asked if I got any waves. I told her I had 4. 3 waves and someone gave me the finger. She immediately says, with a straight face, "You passed Mom didn't you"? I did pass my wife and she's the one that told me I was number 1. Completely made my day and still does. :)

Registered
I saw another Tank Green colored Wrangler coming toward me on a small two lane road. We both gave the Jeep wave to each other out the drivers window and as we passed we both gave a thumbs up to each other at the same time acknowledging we both had Tank Green Jeeps! I just made me smile the rest of the day!

Reactions: jethro65

Registered
My wife got a Jeep Wave about 2 month into our ownership. When she told me she was happy like a child. It made my day, I'm sure hers too.

Sadly in our area, waves are rare. And I'm guilty of that as well. I can't tell you how many times I missed waving, because I simply did not pay enough attention AND/OR did not expect it and fast traffic made it too late to return the wave.

Registered
pffftttttttttt,,,,changed my original post........

Registered
I have said this before....I wave at every Jeep. If they don't wave back...so be it. I'm waving at the Jeep out of respect and what it stands for. We all are a part of the "seven slot grill club".
Jeep....served on all 7 continents of the world.....

Registered
A good friend and I carpooled to work for a year or so. Often she would drive my Jeep to pick me up (the parking spot was at her office). It took her a few weeks, but soon she was waving as often as I do. In fact, she said she started absentmindly waving from her Honda Pilot! The wave is addictive!

Registered
She was probably excited because her JL was new ... it will wear off quickly when she realizes that 80% of all Wrangler owners don't wave (at least where I live).

Grumpy Old Guy
I don't wave unless waved to first. I could give a rats ass about being part of a club, or some spectacular brotherhood.... or whatever. I bought my Jeep as a DD and to disappear. If someone wants to talk Jeeps in the parking lot or whatever, of course I am interested. Engaging someone personally has more meaning. I'm in the minority, but its how I see it. You go on feeling good about you waving. that's your gig.

Registered
I don't wave unless waved to first. I could give a rats ass about being part of a club, or some spectacular brotherhood.... or whatever. I bought my Jeep as a DD and to disappear. If someone wants to talk Jeeps in the parking lot or whatever, of course I am interested. Engaging someone personally has more meaning. I'm in the minority, but its how I see it. You go on feeling good about you waving. that's your gig.
My fellow Texan, this thread "wave made his day" in a positive note. I think we wave to most people not only to wrangler drivers and so it is not really a big deal from Southerners but some takes your comment a bit harsh. Y'all have a nice day.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts