Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking with one of my upfitters today, I told him how heavy my ride was going to end up and wished for a V8. He responded by suggesting a Magnuson super charger, instead. He said they work great on the new 3.6's. They're cooler than a V8, are not being utilized full time, and spool up instantly when you need it. He has them on all his JK's.

I checked here and elsewhere after getting home. All the posts and Youtubes I saw were old. What's the latest scoop and review on them? My interest stems from being sure I have enough oomph to get my heavy-assed ride up the rock(s). I have no interest in using one to go vrooom.

J Lewis

·
Registered
308 Posts
hmmmm...

Fitment

2012-2014 Jeep Wrangler 3.6L (Pentastar)

Features
50% increase in horsepower and 40% increase in torque
TVS1320 Hybrid-roots supercharger.
Installs in one day.
100% complete bolt-on system.
No hood modifications are required.
More power in a smaller package.
Internal Bypass Valve virtually eliminates parasitic loss (uses less than 1/3 of a horsepower at 60 mph).
Delivers a proven increase in real world "under the curve" power.
High thermal efficiency.
2.4 pressure ratio capability.
High helix four-lobe rotors with 160deg. of twist.
Improved air-handling characteristics.
Acoustically designed for noise and vibration reductions.
Utilizes all factory "push-lock" connectors

Included Components

6th Generation MP1320 TVS Supercharger with integral bypass valve.
High flow fuel injectors.
Liquid-to-Air Intercooler.
Handheld Programmer.
Large front-mounted heat exchanger.
All necessary fittings, lines, belts, and hardware required.

Warranty

Standard 3-year/36,000 mile Warranty on the supercharger hardware.
Standard 1-year Limited Warranty on electronics.

Maintenance

Only requires an oil change every 80,000-120,000 miles.

Magnuson Jeep Wrangler JK 2012-2014 3.6L Intercooled Supercharger

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
All you need to move your heap offroad is a set of deep gears. The supercharger is mostly beneficial on the road.
You'll like it on the trails ---- you just don't really need it.
Gears, good tires, traction aiding measures, a properly set up suspension.

I want a supercharger. Bad. I tow a trailer...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you don't mind the hassle of trying to get it to work properly, by all means get a supercharger. If it were me, I would get steeper rear gears and leave it at that. I have read way too much about people trying to get a problem-free supercharger installation.

Or buy a CJ and put a 350 Chevy with a Weiand 144 on it. Now you are getting somewhere.

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
If you don't mind the hassle of trying to get it to work properly, by all means get a supercharger. If it were me, I would get steeper rear gears and leave it at that. I have read way too much about people trying to get a problem-free supercharger installation.

Or buy a CJ and put a 350 Chevy with a Weiand 144 on it. Now you are getting somewhere.
:winner:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interested to see if anyone on here has done a supercharger in their JK. So many comments about them, but no real reviews from people that have them. I am very interested to add one to my JK and have been searching the web high and low looking for real reviews. This is my daily driver, so I'm not going any lower in my gearing...

Anyone with the Magnuson, Edelbrock, Ripp Supercharger that actually has it installed and is using it on this forum? Please share your experience?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a maggie on my '04 Z06. Been on there just over ten years now. Power on demand. Over 500 lb-ft just off idle. Thing is it heat soaks. So now add methanol injection to cool the charge. That is another 75 hp right there. Then to keep the engine from grenading forge the internals. Just keeps adding up.

No regrets here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts