Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I’d share my Christmas Jeep story and photos with everyone here. My wife and I traveled back East (from Colorado) last week to spend Christmas with family however if it wasn’t for our new Jeep we never would have made it. We live about an hour and a half from the airport and had a flight scheduled for noon last Thursday. I figured we could sleep-in until 8:00 AM, get up, pack our bags, get some breakfast on the way, and have plenty of time to make it to the airport and get checked in. No problem, right? We were expecting less than a foot of snow overnight and when we went to bed there was about an inch of snow on the ground.

My wife was first out of bed and she walked over to the window and said, “Ummmm, I think you better have a look outside.” I got out of bed and looked out the window to see several feet of snow. It was so deep that there was no way in hell our other 4WD would have made it out of the driveway. Our drive is several hundred feet long so we could have never shoveled our way out and still made it to the airport in time to catch our flight. I honestly was questioning whether or not the Jeep could make it out of the driveway as this was the first big snow we've gotten here since we got the new Jeep. I’m happy to report that it made it through several feel of snow with very little effort and we made it to the airport in plenty of time to catch our flight. Yes, our Jeep saved Christmas!

Attachments

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more:

Attachments

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the last 3:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sweet!!!!! It hasn't gotten below 40 here yet......I can't wait to play in the snow......

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Wow. I like the way your undercarriage is digging chutes through the snow in the last photo (of the first sequence). Who needs a plow? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
good story hahah great pics, still havent seen snow all winter yet :( if you wanna call it winter..i think it was like 50ish on christmas...what kind of wheels and hood are those??? sweet lookin jeep ;]

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good story hahah great pics, still havent seen snow all winter yet :( if you wanna call it winter..i think it was like 50ish on christmas...what kind of wheels and hood are those??? sweet lookin jeep ;]
Thanks! Yeah, I can't remember the last time we had that much snow fall in barely 8 hours. The wheels are Hutchinson beadlocks and the hood is Truck Master Designs Cold Air Induction.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
VA is killin me haha
It hasn't snowed up there yet? EDIT....I guess I could ask my cousin who lives up there and has a Jeep himself......

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, I can't remember the last time we had that much snow fall in barely 8 hours. The wheels are Hutchinson beadlocks and the hood is Truck Master Designs Cold Air Induction.
love um both ;]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It hasn't snowed up there yet? EDIT....I guess I could ask my cousin who lives up there and has a Jeep himself......
your avatar shows you live in VA? lol

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
X2

Man that jeep is spectacular looking :)
Thanks man, I've got a couple of small things to finish up then I'm gonna call it a done deal.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thanks man, I've got a couple of small things to finish up then I'm gonna call it a done deal.
Yeah right. Is that one kind of like "I'm never drinking again"?

·
Rocky Mountain Jeeper
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah right. Is that one kind of like "I'm never drinking again"?
Yeah, I know you're never really "done" modding a Jeep but I've added just about everything I wanted at this point with the exception of a few minor items that I'm hoping to wrap up in the next few weeks if I can find the time.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
HaHa. Just a good chance to bust a Marines balls.......11 years x-Seabee here.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts