Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would come up with a list of all the little things that the Jeep has, things you would never base an auto buy decision on.

1. One click or two? Every car I have had, you must hit the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors. The Jeeps comes standard like this.. but messing around with the custom settings, I can make it open all the door swith a single click.. cool. The double click annoyed me to no end. You can also edit the behavoir of several other things... like honk when you lock the doors or not.

2. The little place in the center console to clip a pen and note pad.

3. (this one is way cool) I have a 160 gig ipod. The system will not only control it. but if you do the voice recognition right .. you can issue commands like "Play Artist Pink Floyd" "Play Album The Dark Side of the Moon". I have an ipod with hundreds of artists and thousands of songs.

More to come as I find them.Feel free to pitch in.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think the power inverter is pretty badass. I've always been puzzled why automakers didn't include them more commonly, especially with everyone dragging around laptops and other electronics.

3. (this one is way cool) I have a 160 gig ipod. The system will not only control it. but if you do the voice recognition right .. you can issue commands like "Play Artist Pink Floyd" "Play Album The Dark Side of the Moon". I have an ipod with hundreds of artists and thousands of songs.
While I agree this is amazing and infinitely convenient, this has pretty much become a standard feature or option on most everything other than absolutely entry level vehicles. Ford has Sync, Hyundai has Blue Link, etc.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My favorite is how u can just tap the signal light lever and it blinks 3 times and shuts off for lane changes. :)

Bryce

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My favorite is how u can just tap the signal light lever and it blinks 3 times and shuts off for lane changes. :)

Bryce
+1

My wife's VW (which we've had two years now) has this, and I missed it every time I drove another vehicle. I was pretty thrilled that the new Jeep had it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bryce

I had that on my list and forgot to add it.. great little thing that cost the manufacturer almost nothing to add, but makes the consumer a little happier.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love that when I take the doors off, it senses it and kills the overhead light without having to install the "TJ switch"

·
Registered
632 Posts
I agree with the power inverter. When I bought the jeep, I thought 'what am I ever going to use that for?'
My daughter has asthma so I use it all the time for her nebulizer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Windshield washer spray!!!! Full coverage, and powerfull enough to get all the muck off.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like how a lot of people have them but no one has one like MINE! The aftermarket is awesome.
Similar to the iPod comments, I like that I can play Pandora through the bluetooth. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Windshield washer spray!!!! Full coverage, and powerfull enough to get all the muck off.
Hah! It scared me the first time I used it. I wasn't expecting that power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts