Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to lift my 2006 TJ 2". I will be buying 32" BFG all-terrains shortly. I am happy with the look of my wheel (the 8 hole alloy classic look) and would prefer to save some money by just using wheel spacers. I stumbled across this ebay listing...

The Lug Store - Set of 4 wheel spacers $139.99

Anybody use these guys? Are they reputable/good quality?

Thoughts on wheel spaceers in general?

Thank you gentlemen!

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
what wheels do you have? what is the backspacing? if you've got aftermarket wheels with the proper backspacing, you may not even need wheel spacers.

but if you do...I wouldn't buy those. Go with a known quality company...like Spidertrax. The Spidertrax spacers are hub centric and anodized for corrosion resistance :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels are stock. It is a 65th edition so they came standard. The backspacing is about 5-1/2". I am going to put on Rubicon Express Monotubes with the BFG tires and wanted to save a little cash if I could. But advice well taken on the Spidertrax. I didn't know if there was a huge difference in spacer manufacturers.

Other thoughts?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ditto on Spidertrax, ck for their blemished ones , saves like 20-30. Mine came to 189 for the pr.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Are you sure they are needed for 32" tires with the stock rims? If you get rub on the front when turning, you can limit the turn radius by putting washers in the turn stops.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
Until recently I had 15X8 Jeep rims with 5.5" BS.
32X11.5X15 rubber and no spacers. It was a bit tight in the rear wheel well but never had any any rubbing issues.
Oh, sorry I did have a couple of washers to space out the steering stops.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
Until recently I had 15X8 Jeep rims with 5.5" BS.
32X11.5X15 rubber and no spacers. It was a bit tight in the rear wheel well but never had any any rubbing issues.
Oh, sorry I did have a couple of washers to space out the steering stops.
With a 2" OME lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts