Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a jeep owner, I'm often scavenging through local CL for jeep parts and actually got some really amazing deals there.

It is also entertaining to see how people sometimes trying to sell their stuff for some ridiculous price, relisting it week after week.

Besides usual attempts to sell stock bumpers for $250, until now my favorite was a guy selling stock front driveshaft for $400 "FIRM!"

But this seller sure takes the prize for the most insane listing ever:

Hurry, take them while they last! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sign me up for 2 sets at that price, oh wait I live in NY someone else will have to get "a deal of a lifetime"

Joe

·
Registered
190 Posts
So nice of him to continue to use them until he gets a buyer. But then there will be someone who will come along and buy the deal of the century eventually!:lmao:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow, I sold the set of 5 original tires (not rims) for $300.00 with 210 miles on them and was happy.

He must have an 8 ball of coke tucked into each pressure monitor.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That's like this one https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/6094319177.html

I know for a fact he picked that top up at walnut creek jeep for $150 or less because they were trying to sell it for weeks.

It has no rear window, side windows, or freedom panels lol!

Bay area jeep sellers can be crazy sometimes lol!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Too bad this isn't a Jeep. I'd be all over it:

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is the craziest one I have seen. I thought one I saw for a set of Rubicon axles was nuts. Guy wants $4900 and they have close to 30,000 miles on them. I called him to ask if his price was negotiable, explaining his asking price was real close to a real dana 44 and regear of the current rear axle. I made a more reasonable offer and was laughed at. The add has been listed for over six months now, same price. Guess he is not going to give up.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Apparently the seller of the HR wheels+tires, based their $3,500 asking price on what a Jeep parts dept would command for them. :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had no idea the stock BFG's were 33's.....learn something new everyday, 33's with HR wheels thats a steal at 3500.

This guy can't be serious, I got 35's and Beadlocks for close to the same price he's asking

:lmao:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Damn it. And I gave my stock MT's to the mechanic at the tire shop for free. He was super happy, was going to put em on his sons YJ. (I guess he already had 17" wheels.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
WOW...I sold my stock Rubi Hard Rock tires with 13k miles on them for a total of $125. I could have got a lot more but it was ok with me because I sold them to a member here on the Wrangler Forum that needed a break.
I guess the seller is taking the idea of asking more to come down is taking it to the extreme..

·
Registered
496 Posts
He could get about $1,000 for those in my market with TPMS.
We should start a thread where we post these finds, then gang up together and barrage them with realistic price offers, like $800 for these wheels/tires.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Apparently the seller of the HR wheels+tires, based their $3,500 asking price on what a Jeep parts dept would command for them. :D
Yeah that is super high. You can buy a lift and tires for that. But hey, he can ask whatever he wants.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
He only has to sell them once!

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I think I may start posting my used Jeep parts for sale in California. For that price, I would drive from NY to CA to deliver them and then drive back with stops for wheeling whenever I got the urge.

That, or just buy up everything on the East Coast and have it trucked out to CA en masse.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I sold my 5 Rubicon takeoffs for $1000 (TPMS not included) here in SoCal and I was stoked to get that. Most listings had them at $800 for a set of 5. Guess I got lucky!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts