Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My unit has been towed into the Dealer twice in 7-days. This 2nd time they have had it a week and I am now told it will be at least next week before it might be ready :nonono: They think (Chrysler STAR Tech Team) it's a computer-module failure!

The engine died in HEAVY traffic on the expressway, both times! I was about rear-ended both times, as there was no brake lights to warn the driver behind me, as the engine died so quickly! The Jeep slowed damn quick! Ever try to steer & brake one of these things with a DAMN DEAD engine????

The Virginia Lemon Law comes into effect with the 3rd-warranty claim in 12-months. I even have a local Lawyer chosen, as I have NO idea they know what to to do to fix it!

The Lemon Law requires a $$ refund or a like kind vehicle replacement!

Now..... I have Mod's to my unit: New F&R bumpers, spacer lift, winch, tires/wheels, etc! :banghead: This will be a real nightmare :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
did you keep the stock bumpers? shouldnt be too hard to just take everything off, or if the dealer is going to give you a new jeep, to just have them put everything on the new one

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
did you keep the stock bumpers? shouldnt be too hard to just take everything off, or if the dealer is going to give you a new jeep, to just have them put everything on the new one
Agree w/sneck. Even if you didn't save the parts, maybe they could put the aftermarket parts on the new one, then put the stock parts on the lemon?

Not sure how all that works.

Anyway, sounds like you're planning on an assault on a city that ain't built yet.

You're only on strike two, right?

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welllllllllllllllllllllll,

Theres proof that's mods won't VOID the warranty.
Theres one positive :)

Agree on last post. U keep any of the stock stuff?
Have everything, except the stock bumpers (don't ask)!

God, I can see this getting real messy :banghead:

As I told Chrysler, if they fix it this 2nd time, I'll never have enough confidence to take this thing deep into the Mtn's, have had 2 catistrophic engin failures in less than a week :nonono:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
willee51 said:
Have everything, except the stock bumpers (don't ask)!

God, I can see this getting real messy :banghead:

As I told Chrysler, if they fix it this 2nd time, I'll never have enough confidence to take this thing deep into the Mtn's, have had 2 catistrophic engin failures in less than a week :nonono:
Same problem right, both times-jeep just died?

Not mechanical got to be PCM related yes/no?

Sucks but hopefully they fix it :(

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 things ..........

Same problem right, both times-jeep just died?

Not mechanical got to be PCM related yes/no?

Sucks but hopefully they fix it :(
(1) YES: They think this 2nd time its a PCM.
(2) Got a PM saying I was being very negative about this and the 2012 JKU's. Damn right I am pissed, having paid MANY Thousands of $$ for a unit (plus $$ for MOD's), thats spent about as much time on a roll-back as it has the pavement.

And the fact I do not now trust this NEW PRICY unit in the deep Mtn's, should it fail again (if I ever get it out of the DAMN shop).

Plus, I want to keep the 2012 JKU family here informed, should my unit not be the only one, so affected :confused:

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
wow that sucks

You can have my bumpers, if need be. My son in law just went through a lemon law return, it happened but it took............forever

double GL

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
(2) Got a PM saying I was being very negative about this and the 2012 JKU's. Damn right I am pissed, having paid MANY Thousands of $$ for a unit (plus $$ for MOD's), thats spent about as much time on a roll-back as it has the pavement.

And the fact I do not now trust this NEW PRICY unit in the deep Mtn's, should it fail again (if I ever get it out of the DAMN shop).

Plus, I want to keep the 2012 JKU family here informed, should my unit not be the only one, so affected :confused:
I'll bet they're doing everything they can to fix it. They know about VA's lemon law, and I guarantee you they don't wanna go down that road. Just let em do their jobs. If they screw it up, you have a chance to get a new Jeep outta the deal.

It sucks that all this happened to you, but one way or another, they HAVE to make it right. :thumb:

EDIT: By the way, I'll have two unneeded stock bumpers by next week, hopefully. Happy to ship them to you if you need em.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks................

You can have my bumpers, if need be. My son in law just went through a lemon law return, it happened but it took............forever

double GL
(1) (Thanks a million) Your bumpers! Well by the time I paid shipping, well you understand,

(2) ..... took.... forever! This Lawyer, is well, not lets say JUST out of school, ans is of "OLD FAMILY" stock! I am not concerned :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
willee51 said:

:(

Best of luck.

If it is PCM related and they replace the computer, that's it -- done.
Chances of the problem returning is slim too 0(zero)
Not so much with a mechanical failure I would think ?

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the uplift.....

Best of luck.

If it is PCM related and they replace the computer, that's it -- done.
Chances of the problem returning is slim too 0(zero)
Not so much with a mechanical failure I would think ?

Thanks so much for the up-lifting reply? My confidence in my Unit is at rock-bottom at present!

I am though, so Thankful, thinking back to how DEEP in the VA Mtn's I have been, that the 2 engine failuers, happened so close to home & the repair shop! The Lord is good.

I REALLY miss my JKU..................

·
Registered
616 Posts
You know you can check your build date by either looking on the build sheet that you should have got with the vehicle or calling the Jeep customer service number and having them look it up by your VIN number. 1-877-IAM-JEEP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry about your Jeep. That really stinks. Going through some crap of my own with my JK, but the dealership is being very good about fixing things. It's not like your issue, but it's an issue nonetheless that could render the Jeep unsafe and undrivaeable. Good luck and keep us posted on how it all turns out.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I think I have all the bumper parts laying around somewhere if it ever comes to that. You would be welcome to them but you might have to clean them up. The main parts are outside, covered by a tarp. Not sure you want to travel down to Bristol or not. I assume they didn't change that ugly bumpers design in 2012.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a strange call ..............

My unit has been towed into the Dealer twice in 7-days. This 2nd time they have had it a week and I am now told it will be at least next week before it might be ready :nonono: They think (Chrysler STAR Tech Team) it's a computer-module failure!

The engine died in HEAVY traffic on the expressway, both times! I was about rear-ended both times, as there was no brake lights to warn the driver behind me, as the engine died so quickly! The Jeep slowed damn quick! Ever try to steer & brake one of these things with a DAMN DEAD engine????

The Virginia Lemon Law comes into effect with the 3rd-warranty claim in 12-months. I even have a local Lawyer chosen, as I have NO idea they know what to to do to fix it!

The Lemon Law requires a $$ refund or a like kind vehicle replacement!

Now..... I have Mod's to my unit: New F&R bumpers, spacer lift, winch, tires/wheels, etc! :banghead: This will be a real nightmare :facepalm:

Got home this afternoon and there was a message on my answering machine from the "Chrysler Customer Resolution Group" in regard to the problems with my Jeep

Called back but got an answering maching, so left my number :eek:

Still do not have my Jeep back from this 2nd occurance! Maybe next week:nonono:

What the HELL :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
willee51 said:

Got home this afternoon and there was a message on my answering machine from the "Chrysler Customer Resolution Group" in regard to the problems with my Jeep

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well a funny smell

No call back as yet from the "Chrysler Customer Resolution Group", who ever the Hell they are :nonono:

I smell a "Lemon" and "Fish" both now.

I have found a local Lawyer in town, well seasoned and experienced in Lemon Law cases. I have not contacted him as yet, but am ready ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts