Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

461 - 480 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Steves92, I’ve been watching that one on CL for a few weeks now. It’s in Livermore which is really close to me. Surprised it has not sold. Would be a good basis for a build.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts

A lot of miles

Definitely a lot of miles, but if someone had 30 C-Notes in their hand, it might not be a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steves92, I’ve been watching that one on CL for a few weeks now. It’s in Livermore which is really close to me. Surprised it has not sold. Would be a good basis for a build.
D I pulled up the ad, I can’t tell if it is poor camera quality, or if there is rust starting to come through in the rockers and lower trailing edges of the fenders. Certainly not the epitome of “well maintained”, but it certainly could be a good start as you have stated.

I may even know someone who is interested, just not sure if I can make the trip to Livermore any time soon. Like is often the case, I was just there last week.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts

A lot of miles

I looked at the ad. A couple things give me pause, no mention of passing California smog and no pics of the interior.
The ad is 27 days old today. If it was a bargain, it'd be sold already.
Jeep has some sort of lift that the seller didn't mention. Note the transfer case drop and rear shackles.

If I was interested, and lived close, I'd go armed with a spark plug socket, a compression tester and 30 Benjamins. I might have a couple more B's stashed just in case the interior was nice.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Beats the hell out of a $6000 4 cyl!

·
Registered
747 Posts
SoCal, I can go look at it for you if you have someone in mind.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
SoCal, I can go look at it for you if you have someone in mind.
I do for sure D! That would be awesome. Let me know if you can make it happen. If so, please take some pics of the interior and underneath, and as always, rust is my biggest concern. A little test drive to see how it runs and shifts would be way cool.

Give me a call or text and we can discuss. I will certainly compensate you for your time.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Found this one a couple hours away, not my Ideal next project, but depending what all else that was added on might be worth having around for the parts, heading up to take a look this morning, upside is he's willing to swap for my daughters Silverado that's now sitting around getting me in trouble with the HOA and can't get anybody to give me 5k for.

https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/d/flagstaff-1988-jeep-wrangler-yj-42-5/7031041584.html
Looks to be a decent vehicle. If he can't take it with him to CA, makes me wonder if it'll pass CA smog.
Aftermarket sunroof hurts the value of the hard top in my opinion.

Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Guessing you bought it? Or someone did?
All I see is 'posting deleted'

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Gottagofast....Yeah I traded the Chevy for it. No frame or Tub rust to speak of, perfect spice dash and nice fabric Sahara seats, new Hi lift in a bag in the back, Picked it up and Drove it 180 miles Straight to work and just got home and have to head back out for an overnighter at another store or I'd post some photos.

L.M. Wasn't wild about that either, but I'm so used to having the wind blowing around me I thought it might be nice venting...We'll see. No way that thing would even be let across the Cali. border with the Weber, nutter, half-ass smog stuff everywhere. not to mention the small oil leak. LOL, the pcv is plugged up and oil is coming out the breather cap.

Overall it drove pretty nice, pulled the hills with the 32's nicely, only had to downshift into fourth once or twice, I actually think the motor is a little stronger than mine and it isn't wimpy at all for what it is. Gonna have to check IRL but supposedly already has 4.10's and the $900 ARB rear locker, 5 new 32" Fun Country's and 6 or 7 hundred in bumpers was a plus.

This one is definitely gonna get a build thread started with a lot of gruesome before pic's. LOL

Gotta head out, more to follow...

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
What the heck did they do to that poor dash? Lol

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Gottagofast....Yeah I traded the Chevy for it. No frame or Tub rust to speak of, perfect spice dash and nice fabric Sahara seats, new Hi lift in a bag in the back, Picked it up and Drove it 180 miles Straight to work and just got home and have to head back out for an overnighter at another store or I'd post some photos.

L.M. Wasn't wild about that either, but I'm so used to having the wind blowing around me I thought it might be nice venting...We'll see. No way that thing would even be let across the Cali. border with the Weber, nutter, half-ass smog stuff everywhere. not to mention the small oil leak. LOL, the pcv is plugged up and oil is coming out the breather cap.

Overall it drove pretty nice, pulled the hills with the 32's nicely, only had to downshift into fourth once or twice, I actually think the motor is a little stronger than mine and it isn't wimpy at all for what it is. Gonna have to check IRL but supposedly already has 4.10's and the $900 ARB rear locker, 5 new 32" Fun Country's and 6 or 7 hundred in bumpers was a plus.

This one is definitely gonna get a build thread started with a lot of gruesome before pic's. LOL

Gotta head out, more to follow...
Send pics Joe!!!!

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-dimas-1993-jeep-wrangler-for-sale/7030287682.html

75k miles...... might be a good deal if you can knock a few hundred off the price..... better if it wasn't a 4 banger
If it was a 4.0 it would be gone, and probably in my garage!

What the heck did they do to that poor dash? Lol
:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
461 - 480 of 495 Posts