422 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Tranny swap,D44 and 4.56 is a lot of prepwork already done for your offloading pleasure, smog legal in CA makes that one an attractive project start.

·
Registered
747 Posts
He sure is proud of that one! Pretty nice YJ but?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Thanks Al! That is a pretty nice one!

Agreed D! Clean YJ, but crappy lift, rectangular tubing transfer case drop, no A/C. Even so, for $7k I would fly out and drive it home!
Seller doesn't mention re-gearing to compliment the 33" tires. $7K is probably top dollar for that YJ. If it had a hard top and full doors, it would be easier to write the $7K check.

It may be overpriced, but a collector might see it as a long, long term investment.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Seller doesn't mention re-gearing to compliment the 33" tires. $7K is probably top dollar for that YJ. If it had a hard top and full doors, it would be easier to write the $7K check.

It may be overpriced, but a collector might see it as a long, long term investment.

Good Luck, L.M.
Like you Mac, I don’t collect a lot of things I don’t use, so in that regard I would hate to ruin that one. And you are right, if it was an original hardtop and doors (and A/C for that matter), there would certainly be a lot of interest. At $12K there are bound to be some other nice ones out there.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Ok, here is an ebay deal: Link Here

A beautiful YJ but at what cost?????? This has to be the most expensive YJ I have seen but hey, still just under 200k miles....What a bargain!
I'd say it's being advertised at three times it's value.
One thing I can say is that it's clean. If I knew who their detailer is, I'd like that person to detail Mrs. Lucky's black SUV.

It isn't stock, so it doesn't have collector's value. The body isn't pristine, so that too, kills any collector interest. Paint job shows to be a repaint of moderate quality.
It has nice wheels and nice matching front and rear seats. I can't tell what size the tires are.
TC drop rather than SYE and a Harbor Freight 9K winch.
Longer than stock shackles with an unknown lift.

If it was truly a 95% vehicle, it would have "JEEP" decals over the embossed "JOOP" and the rear hard top glass molding wouldn't be broken.
I can't tell if the interior has Bed Rug or bedliner. Perhaps a combination of both.

The ad claims the vehicle has A/C. I don't see it.

Other posters may see even more.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
404 Posts
^ Decent price. Surprised that model comes in 37. $280 per on Tire Rack currently.

481 - 495 of 495 Posts